Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Saber marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36429-saber-marine.html)

kaama82 12-08-2002 12:36 PM

Saber28, are you here???

SABER28 12-08-2002 01:03 PM

yes , i'm here, working on the house and trying to keep up with the conversations:D

SABER28 12-08-2002 10:27 PM

anybody care to chime in on why SABER has not made more 41's? with all the chatter on the apache thread about who owns what and has the rights to the name, etc. seems to me SABER is in the perfect position to satify somebodies desire for a NEW 41.

yet i count only 3 built, i know jim and doug have an excellent reputation with the 28' s like mine and all 3 41's are kick-a$$.

if i won the lottery tonight, i know where i would be tomorrow morning:D

WickedWon 12-09-2002 07:58 AM

Why so few boats, the answer

1. Saber's are practially cult boats, people who have them love them, I've built two, but to call them a small custom shop would be an understatement.

2. Custom boats to most people means power choice, color, graphics and misc. finishes. At Saber they can and will do anything, but you have to know what you want, hell I had them take the transom notch out of the 41' bottom, I don't think they ever asked me why ! But this also takes alot of time, they spent almost two months building my engine covers but I got exactly what I wanted. Construction like this takes real commitment on both the part of the customer and the builder ie, time, time, time.

3. If you're a " I am what I buy " type of customer the name Saber is not on the list, again those who know, know.

4. The Geelhoed brothers are not going to build a spec. boat for a boat show, nor are they going to advertise to any extent. It's just not them, like I've said before they're just a couple of very quiet guys, out in the middle of nowhere, building some of the best and baddest boats you'll find anywhere. JD

RHC 12-09-2002 02:32 PM

Re: WW cult boat

Originally posted by WickedWon
1. Saber's are practially cult boats, people who have them love them, I've built two, but to call them a small custom shop would be an understatement.

2. Custom boats to most people means power choice, color, graphics and misc. finishes. At Saber they can and will do anything, but you have to know what you want, hell I had them take the transom notch out of the 41' bottom, I don't think they ever asked me why ! But this also takes alot of time, they spent almost two months building my engine covers but I got exactly what I wanted. Construction like this takes real commitment on both the part of the customer and the builder ie, time, time, time.

3. If you're a " I am what I buy " type of customer the name Saber is not on the list, again those who know, know.

4. The Geelhoed brothers are not going to build a spec. boat for a boat show, nor are they going to advertise to any extent. It's just not them, like I've said before they're just a couple of very quiet guys, out in the middle of nowhere, building some of the best and baddest boats you'll find anywhere. JD

Hey Jerry----- Dont drink the Cool-Aid

RHC 12-09-2002 02:45 PM

Stupid computer,,,, I put smiley faces, comas, and I thought that I just put the cult comment on my last Post,,, dumb, dumb, dumb, thats me,, to old to learn this chit!!!

anyhow ,,, its the thought that counts,,, looks like we will be having cool-aid in Col. this spring...

by the way WW, I agree with all u said ,,,, If u Know ,, then u Know.. The rest are just burning Gas.

RC,,,,, Just tuning up my feathers!!

SABER28 12-09-2002 03:46 PM

what i like about mine is i don't have to worry about coming thru the channel and seeing a boat that looks exactly like mine.:D

well, that and that indestructable thing:p

MIdnightRider 12-09-2002 03:55 PM

Saber28- Do you know the guy that owns the 28 at the Wharf? It has the blue sides with orange graphics, and a matching truck. Midnight

SABER28 12-09-2002 07:51 PM

midnight,
i have rafted up to and talked to him at coral gables but cannot remember his name.

i think that that boat is the old "wet trap" that curt gano used to own. jay might know for sure.

nocigarette 10-30-2006 05:57 PM

Re: Saber marine

this is a great read...............you guys keep it coming where exactly is saber marine and how due i get in contact with them................long winters in michigan i will have a lot of time on my hands...............never know might start a 41 or 34 order............................BAD ASS BOATS................i have never heard a bad thing about them............