Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just got back from seeing DanL .......... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36462-just-got-back-seeing-danl.html)

boot 11-06-2002 10:09 PM

Just got back from seeing DanL ..........

May he rest in pease ..........

It seams the man lived a life many of us would only dream of . IT was an honor to meet his family and friends . And talk about friends !!!:eek: I have never seen so many people in one place . It was suposed to be over at 9:00 but the line was still out the door to get in !!! It looked like the enitre police department , fire department and rescue squad were there to pay their respects too. Dan was a great guy and will be missed by many . I wish the family the best . I don't know what else to say ....... There is nothing I can say ................

Becca , Hang in there . It was a pleasure to finaly meet you in person after talking to you so much on the phone . I can't say it enough , If you need anything or just need to talk , please call . If not I'll talk to you soon .:)

Kenny , If you need to talk about that stuff call me or e-mail me .

Borderline ,(Jeff) ,It was great to meet you . It was a very nice thing you did by coming all the way down here to help the family the way you did.

Again , My condolences to the family .

DanL, Thank you for everything you have done to help me and many others in need . It was a pleasure to know you .I can only hope that someday I am in the position to be able to help people the way you did . Your knowlege and help gave me hope when I wanted to give up .God knows boating can be frustrating at times but you gave me hope to keep trying . Thanks .... May you rest in pease .

PS. Dan, if your ever looking down ( I hope your looking down!!)and see my boat not doing well , give a helping hand will ya !!:D
I'll consider you the gardian angle of the water .

Best regaurds , JOE

32fever 11-06-2002 11:07 PM

I didn't know Dan, but sure sounds like the world could use a whole lot more people like him.

puder 11-06-2002 11:15 PM

I have so far not posted on any ofeth Dan Lanza threads. I wanted to try to pay my respects in person prior to posting anything. I spoke with Dan Several times on eth phoen over e-mail and here online. Seeing as that we never met in person I figured at very least i could pay my respects in person as opposed to here. Dan helped me out a few times with boating stuff and car stuff. i wish that i had showedup 10 minutes earlier at the NYC race so we coudlhave met in person and he could have given me the "tour" of his pit area and toy collection.

Becca.
I wished I could have been more eloquent in person. If there is anything I can help with please e-mail or call. Stay Strong. Remember, your (virtual) offshore boating family is here for you.

babybro 11-07-2002 03:39 AM

lady,boot,tony,puder,Ron p.It ment a lot to me to have you at the wake.To meet people from the world of boating that danny loved
was uplifting.I was to be baptised into this world in key west.
And i was looking foward to it.being a person of simple means
I would only be able to get there with danny.hopefully with hard
work by keeping danny's buisness going I can only hope to keep his dream alive,to someday race in his memory.
This will not be an easy feat for I have some mighty big shoes to fill.
I hope that I can be at least half the that he was.
If we could all come away with one thing from losing dan I hope
it will be to be true and honest to ourselfs and each other.Life is short we need to take care of each other.
On behalf of myself and my family thank you all for you warm words and thoughts.

kenny lanza
Jeff,tom doug thank you for all you help

kitten 11-07-2002 03:43 AM

Amen, be true.
God Speed in your healing

sean stinson 11-07-2002 06:05 AM

Originally posted by LadySunseeker
Tony, myself and Puder went this afternoon. Ron P was there too earlier. It wasn't that crowded. We got to speak with and meet the entire family. Dan was blessed to be surrounded by so many great people. His mom said he's probably up in heaven racing, and I thought of the post someone made about him hanging out with Don Aranow.

LilBro wants whoever is making that toast at 4 p.m. on the dock to play "Daniel" by Elton John. Let me know when and where. I think he meant at the Key West Worlds. I'll bring my lap top with the overkill speakers (that Ron Polli picked out for me) and play the song.

It's the least I can do.

Rest in peace my friend.
My best regards of all,
Jennifer Quinn

PS to Sean Stinson: I gave Becca your message and the kiss.

Jennifer

Thank you so much for that I owe you a big one for that. Dan & Don are up racing boats together now so we have a couple of the best guardian angels anyone could ask for.

Sean

Mrs. Obnoxus 11-07-2002 11:32 PM

Babybro -

Your brother will look down on you as your guardian angel......the shoes you have to fill, I am sure you will do a fine job!

Good luck and remeber what I wrote to you earlier this week!

Need a "new" friend - you know where to find me!

boot 11-08-2002 06:52 AM

He owned "Ultimate automotive " They supply exhaust parts to everyone . He also had conections for marine parts and liked to help fellow boaters with parts they needed .I don't know for sure ,but I think he had several other buisness interests too. I know he raced and played in a lot of different things ........... Maybe someone closer will add more . JOE