If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Annapolis/Baltimore, MD

Markets for squirt boats?

Newbie alert!!!! (Klaxons blaring!)

Before I upgrade to a 30 footish go fast boat next spring I need to sell my existing boat. It's a 20' dual jet boat (Yamaha LS2000). I live in northern VA and the market is pretty much closed for the season for this style of boat.

I was wondering how the market was down in FL during the winter. A VA bud of mine is keeping his 38 Special in Ft Lauderdale for the winter months and was considering having him tow my squirt boat down there to sell. The boat would be perfect for putzing aroung the ICW.

Any thoughts on this tactic will be greatly appreciated. I hear (just rumor and unsubstantiated) that the boat market down there is 50 to 60 cents on the dollar. Is this really true?

Annapolis/Baltimore, MD
    Here's a pic and my Honey w/ the ankle biter!
    Attached Images Attached Images