Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Orleans Thursday update (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36486-new-orleans-thursday-update.html)

BJM 11-07-2002 07:57 PM

Bobby

Congratulations on the victory. You truley are a die hard racer flying in and out back to back. I still need a ride in one of those bat boats, maybe Key West? See you soon

B.J.Maher(F1-1)

Ron P 11-07-2002 08:04 PM

Congrates on the win, that was probably Bruce in the Pantera that could make the start. Hope he gets it sorted out by Sunday.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-07-2002 08:30 PM

Thanks for all the input from everyone!!! This was great following the event here. Good luck to all on Sunday......

Just Browsing 11-07-2002 10:07 PM

Thanks BJM!

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to squeeze in another couple of races before the season ends.

It was really calm today, so we're hoping for rougher water on Sunday. It seems that we both (or at least our boats) prefer the big water.

We will definitely get you a ride in Key West. I will be there from Tuesday afternoon through Monday morning. We're bound to find some time to "test" between the races.

kathycool 11-07-2002 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:p

THEJOKER 11-07-2002 10:40 PM

just wondering ??

Bobby:

What are the speeds for P5 in SBI? You ran a bat boat in P5? What kind of power? BH

kathycool 11-07-2002 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats!

kathycool 11-07-2002 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

Just Browsing 11-07-2002 11:16 PM

SBI P5 . . .

Thanks kathycool. Those are great pics.

PWRBOATTOURS:

Apparently, the SBI P classes are slightly different than the APBA. Rather than the speed brackets being determined by top speed, and policed by a radar gun, the speed brackets are based on average lap speed. In this case, P5 is 60 - 69 mph.

We run a stock Volvo 5.7 Gxi dp, with 315 hp. The Reindl One Design (bat boat) kilo record set in Cleveland was 71.358 mph.

I had to leave before I saw our average lap times, but on that type of water we would normally turn between 65 mph and 67 mph (average lap). The course was about 3 or so miles long, with less than 1/4 mile between the turns (estimate), lending to some fairly high average speeds, for our boat.

Since you lose quite a bit of speed in the turns, this boat is well suited for the 60 - 69 mph AVERAGE lap speed. When they are run in P class in ABPA, they have to run in P4, since they could potentially "break out" of the speed bracket.

It makes quite a difference. We (the P5 class) started with 4 SBI P4's today, and I will say that they were some very impressive boats. They left us like we were standing still.

BODYSHOT1 11-08-2002 07:43 AM

thanks for the updates & pics....

:cool: