If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trim Tabs

Charter Member #94 Charter Member Gordo's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Active Thunder 25' Factory 1 Race Edition
    New Port Richey, FL
    Please, make no mistake here. My statement was meant purely as advice to you in the interest of safety.
    I have no reason to question the quality or integrity of the Switzer. In fact, they are damned fast boats. My point was only that offshore racing is tough on boats. Even the best built boats can come back in pieces. If you are somewhat new to racing, I would suggest you have someone that has experience with rigging/racing hulls take a look at your boat. It may be a great recreation boat, but it may need some reinforcement in some areas to make as safe for you and your crew as possible.
    Might I suggest Andy Bloom with Victory Performance in Eastlake Ohio, (440-975-0010). Andy has grown up in offshore racing. (indeed, his mom is a champion offshore racer herself). He could help you with any questions you may have. In fact, all of the teams racing in the GLSCS are outstanding people that will gladly help you with anything you may need.
    Good luck with your team.

Ft. Wayne, IN

Thanks for the clarification. I figured that's what you meant, but I thought I would ask anyway. As things progress, I'll give Andy a call. Thanks for the reference.

I'm aware this is a dangerous sport to play in, but I'm trying to minimize the variables. At the same time, I don't profess to know everything about anything!

Any more recommendations? They're always welcome.

Charter Member#203 Charter Member Pete B's Avatar
    My Boats:
    98 Scarab 302 Sport
    Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
    when going through your boat, if it isnt through bolted, you will need to do it, anything loose will make a mess, get a rule book as well it will help as well on the basis requirements, IE dual kill switches, required safety equipment, things of this nature.
    good luck, be safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12