Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chris Craft Stinger 222 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36649-chris-craft-stinger-222-a.html)

401k 11-11-2002 09:37 AM

You guys might have a good idea there. And for the money that I can get this one for, an out-drive swap wouldn't make her a hole in the water that I couldn't swim out of. It's only other draw back is the race style seating, I believe that's the only reason she's still available. Thanks again. Ray

glassdave 11-11-2002 12:39 PM

hey raymond, just curious about the 26 chris stinger you mentioned in your first post on this thread. what was your season for not buying it,. the only reason i ask is i just bought one a few weks ago. wondering if thers somthing i should know about these models. the one i purchased is a one owner low hour 86 in real solid shape, very dry stringers and wood. anyway . .like i said, just curious , thanks :cool:

do you have a link to the original thread, was it in gen.discusion?

CJC 11-11-2002 01:18 PM

A friend of mine used to own a Stinger. He had a 350 Mag for power. His too was red - extremely dull and faded. Other than paint, boat was in good shape. He did however eat an outdrive. He repaired it and ran it for about four more years with no mechanical trouble. Had a bad feeling 'bout the drive when he sold it though :confused: If this boat is at the right price where upgrading to a Bravo is still cost effective - go for it. Drive it until this one blows then replace w/ Bravo (unless maybe a working Alpha is worth something).

My only hang up with the Stinger is the layout. Most of our "boating" involves rafting and drinking beer all day. Interior is not "hang out" friendly at all.

If you are not prepared to do something with the outdrive, this boat is not for you. With 330hp you WILL burn a drive. "Heavy Duty Gears" ..............."Alpha" -Yeah right :eek:

401k 11-11-2002 03:12 PM

Glassdave, if you search from the main menu, by user name: RaymondAAndrade, you'll find some good and not so good comments from a thread started by my good freind 27 Daytona. Enjoy that boat, I think she's a beauty! Ray

401k 11-11-2002 03:27 PM

CJC, this old chris is mostly white, with some black, grey, and red. From what I am told and can see in extensive e-mail photos she is a sweet 16 year old, for under 10k. Your right, it dosen't look walk-a-round freindly, but can I pass this up? Ray

glassdave 11-11-2002 03:39 PM

thanks 401k. . . i did that just after i posted on here. got some good info from here. i actually put up the same question a few months ago when i first started looking at the stinger. i was aware of a possible structural problem so i looked at that very closley. being expierianced in this area i was not to worried about that. :D the boat i purchased has had an easy life though. i got it from the original owner an it has a bit less than 400 hrs and only really needs cockpit upholstry. ( course im puttin a fat graphics job on it this winter anyway :cool: ) picked it up for 6K on a trailer an its mechanically perfect. seemed like a decent deal.
i do hafta say that for a 26 ft boat this thing has a TON of room on it. i really like the layout. any body have any idea what this thing listed at new? i heard mid 40's :confused: