Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT - Anyone Have Access to SSN Lookup?? >

OT - Anyone Have Access to SSN Lookup??

Notices

OT - Anyone Have Access to SSN Lookup??

Old 11-09-2002, 08:09 AM
OG Outlaw 24

Default OT - Anyone Have Access to SSN Lookup??

It's a long story...

Our family has a couple of disputes over (2) different estates we are dealing with. We need a relatives Soc number to start filing. She is not cooporating and has given us the wrong one several times. Any help would be appreciated!!

OG

Old 11-10-2002, 08:54 AM
OG Outlaw 24

Of all the prominent(SP) people on this board no one has access to anything like this for michigan???

Old 11-10-2002, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.DocuSearch.com If they are still selling them, itll be 20-30$.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

http://www.docusearch.com/locc.html

Thats the URL, and it is 50$
Old 11-10-2002, 09:11 AM
BK
Registered

http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

Social Security Death Index
September 2002 Update - 69,142,716 records
The key to your research
The most full-featured and up-to-date SSDI search engine on the internet

And it is free!.... try it first.

Last edited by BK; 11-10-2002 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:16 AM
Blitz

Lightbulb ssn lookup

Outlaw, i saw your tag on the american offshore forum, and you can see what is going on there. i happen to be involved in that mess up to ( actually above my head ) head. But if you are looking for somone's ss #, you can go to your local car dealer the small independat one ( non franchise ) are better, they are going to be easier they can pull a credit report on someone if you havr all there correct address and name and dob you can pull it w/out the ss #, if you tell them to pull experian and trans union ( tu ) you will get all the info you need on who ever you are looking for and tu will give you there correct ss#. now this is not 100% legal but for probably $100 or so you can get it done from a small car dealer. remember the guy who does not have the nicest cars, who has cheap junk for sale will probably be your best bet....

Old 11-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Banned

If the person has a criminal record, you can find it on their record.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:49 PM
russ7r

Dont tell me it is that easy...someone has just bought 3 cell phones in my name and used them....I got called the other night asking when I was going to make a payment. The bill was just over $8,000. The bill collector said it must be someone I know because they had my SSN and Drivers number.
I hope they get this settled soon...I dont want to pay that phone bill I have enough phone bills to pay without another one.

Old 11-11-2002, 09:15 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

russ7r
Cell compaines have a back-up for situations like this. If you contact the company and ask for the fraud dept. They can help you "clear" the bill. That is why they ask for a license(and make a copy of it) as well as your SSN. They will be able to pull the original contract and compare the signature and other information of who got the phones and yours. It might not be the most fun you will ever have, but it will get taken care of eventually.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:43 AM
BK
Registered

Here's another thing to be careful of:

If your employer offers to give you a 'Company Credit Card', and brings you an application to sign....NEVER sign it if it the TIN or SSN is blank or if it lists your Social Security number.

I know of one employer who was struggling with their own credit, so they 'gave' the head of three departments their own Company credit cards -- the card had the name of the Company on the front, along with the employees name too. It looked legit.

The employees used these cards on business trips, ordering supplies, etc, but had no clue that if the company did not pay the bill, that it would go against their *own* credit.

When the Company stopped paying the bills, the employees never rec'd any notices, since the only address the bank had was to the company itself.

One employee was applying for a loan when he discovered a $7000 lien from Visa. He was furious and the bank was contacted. But they said it was legal for the company to have done this, and that they open these 'special' business/employee accounts all the time!!

Eventually, three employees got stuck with tens of thousands of dollars of delinquent loans, and one employee was turned down on his home loan because of it.

Contacting the fraud department eventually cleared the employees' credit files after six months of leg work and harrassment from collectors -- but what a nightmare!

Be careful what your employer asks you to sign!