If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't know what to say about this thread my family has bass boats and offshore powerboats. I will call it a draw. each have their time and place.

central IL, St. Louis, & LOTO
    My dad has a buddy that is factory sponsored by BassCat. Awhile back, they gave him their latest boat with a special blueish gray Evinrude on it (I think it was 300hp). That boat would run 100+ gps with maybe 4 inches of hull in the water. Wicked fast but scared the sh*t out of me.

BassCat's are some of the best if not the best bass boats out there.

My Boats:
    skater 24
    peabody mass
    Quote Originally Posted by H2Xmark View Post
    lets see them run those speeds in 3 to 5 ft seas, thats why i wanted an offshore type boat, its not very smooth were i boat
    lets see them do it in anything over 6" chop

Newbury Park, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattitude View Post
    Well, too each their own, all kinds of tourneys here on a regular basis. I think most of the tourneys limit to 150 hp so the speeds are a little more in check.

As said, what hurts is the Insurance gods of the world write policies all day long for $300ish/yr for a 20' waterski with an outboard clamped on. It really frustrates me to hear how "Risky" the cats and offshore boats are.
    How is it that they are getting insurance for a 100 mph boat for $300 or even $400 a year? One of the first things the insurers ask is what the top speed is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12