Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   tornado, everbody o.k. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36704-tornado-everbody-o-k.html)

JUSTONCE 11-11-2002 07:56 AM

tornado, everbody o.k.

Are all the Lake Erie boaters o.k. after the bad storms last night. There was alot of damage in Port Clinton and the islands got hit hard. Strongest storm I've seen in years. hope everybodys o.k. and thier boats are still in their driveway not in their houses.

Scott 11-11-2002 08:22 AM

I'm in Perrysburg and they hit all around us!! Thank God,we have just now finished the extensive repairs on our house from the massive hail storm that hit us in the early summer. I don't think our insurance guy could handle another massive claim!
While I was typing this I talked to a friend in Sandusky he said a couple of condos in Port Clinton made it into the water! I guess that changes the definition of house boat.

formula31 11-11-2002 08:28 AM

No leaves left on the trees but thats about it. The boat was dancing on the trailer pretty good.

JUSTONCE 11-11-2002 08:57 AM

Those grey condo's that are right on the beach(no pun intended) got hit real hard and at least one of them wound up floating. makes you think about all those rack stored boats right down the road in the marina by the drawbridge. wonder if they are still up there I'll have to check tonight.

formula31 11-11-2002 11:21 AM

They had Port Clinton shut down this morning, State of Emergency, no travel. You might want to call and see if you can even get in.

cgarrett 11-11-2002 04:58 PM

Are you talking about the Clifton Reef condos?
Costal Marine is right in that area and they always have a lot of boats sitting around. How did they make out. I hope no ones boat got damaged:(
Cordell

cgarrett 11-11-2002 05:15 PM

Wow, Just watched Fox 8 News and they said there were 30+ homes severly damaged with 100 others minor damage. Also said that debris from the condos is floating up on shore at Catawba Island.
Cordell

JUSTONCE 11-13-2002 03:13 PM

catawba also got hit pretty hard there is tons of debris filling the docks at p-i-b- and kelly's from the damage & south west wind.

HyperBaja 11-13-2002 03:58 PM

One of my buddies was home in Ohio back from Virginia from college for the weekend, he was at his buddies house which was destroyed and the next door neighbor was killed. He drove back in the storms. Celicas aren a really heavy car, I was a bit worried, seeing it was pretty bad here, but lots worse there.

Tommy

THRILLSEEKER 11-13-2002 04:18 PM

I have a friend who has a weekend house on Catawba. He is pretty worried, he will not have time to check on it till this weekend.