Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   anybody using lcd-monitors on boat?problems? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36734-anybody-using-lcd-monitors-boat-problems.html)

audacity 11-12-2002 09:20 AM

My crew cheif is working on a system that will have front and rear camera shots as well as sound right and left...and a recording device onboard....he is woking on a system that will alow our sponsors to be right there with us real time...we do not have many answers yet on how it will work.

plus the smart craft (lcd) computer for the new 525's

i know ettore is all lcd read outs....no mechanical gauges in there....contact them.

another person to chat with is steve miklos...we got some of our info from him..
let me know what you guys find!!!

Audiofn 11-12-2002 09:20 AM

If you are only going to use this for Back up safty and to help out with manuvering at the dock do yourself a favor and go Black and White. Not only is it MUCH cheaper but you will also be able to see it in the daylight. Rosen makes a water Resistent screen. It is no longer a current product but you may still be able to get some. I also sell a screen from a company called Crestron that is not sensitive to light but as you can imagine the cost goes up. They also make a waterproof membrain so you can protect it. If you go with Crestron the options are endless as it is a full remote control system if you want it to be. For examply you could have presets for drives and stuff like that :D Let your mind go wild and the Crestron will do it....... All it takes is money :D If you go black and white however you would stay cheap and compact. Camera's now are so damn small that you will not even see them on the boat and you can find a ton of them that will work with 12 volts. If you are worried about theft then Pioneer makes a screen that pops out and is also good in the light.

Jon

audacity 11-12-2002 09:24 AM

another one would be chris reindl

timucin 11-12-2002 09:38 AM

this is where i am going to use these devices.monitors/screens doesnt have to be waterproof cause they will stay inside.but one of the camera has to be waterproof.will install that one on the back of canopy.

*recording option cool idea...

timucin 11-12-2002 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
sunlight is not very important ; I can make a half-cover for screens + they are in cokpit.

here is the pic

Audiofn 11-12-2002 10:08 AM

Since you are in canopy I was recommentind the water Resistent stuff strickly for the longgevity of the unit. Since you run in the salt corrosion is your enemy with stiff like this. For your rear camera if they can make a window in the back of the canapy you can mount the camera in there. There would likely be some optical distortion but I am sure you would get used to it quickly.

Jon