Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bill Gates to invest $400 million in India >

Bill Gates to invest $400 million in India

Notices

Bill Gates to invest $400 million in India

Old 11-12-2002, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO THINK IT IS OK TO HELP THEM OUT . I AM A MECHANICAL DESIGNER FOR GENERAL ELECTRIC AND HELPED TRAIN SOME OF THEM TO LEARM MY JOB AND THEN GO HOME AND GO TO WORK. NOT A PROBLEM EXCEPT THAT THE F*CKERS TOOK MY JOB AND 11 OTHERS WITH THEM. SO WE ALL
NEED TO DO SOMTHING ABOUT THE AMERICAN COMPANYS SELLING OUT THE AMERICAN WORKFORCE BECAUSE OF CHEEP LABOR. SO IF I DONT SHOW A LOT OF SYMPATHY TO THOSE WHO THINK IT IS OK FOR BILL GATES TO HELP OUT INDIA I HAVE 14 YEARS DOWN THE ****TER FOR JUST HELPING OUT. (REMEMBER IT ALL STARTS SOMEWHERE AND WHEN ITS OVER THERE IS LITTLE RESEMBLENCE OF WHERE IT STARTED.)
Old 11-13-2002, 07:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good One, Mopower!
Old 11-13-2002, 10:42 AM
Registered

Microsofts market is global and has been for years. Its his way of expanding the market for his products, as well as donate money for diseases.

There are very few people, myself included, that would truely understand what it take to compete in a gobal market of Microsofts scale.

And you can be certain that the impacts of Microsoft, Microsoft employees, and other supporting business, charitable donations far, very far, exceed that donated to India.

The loss of american jobs overseas is frustrating to say the least, but if a similar product can be made overseas cheaper and of similar quality its going to happen. Case in Point, everytime you recieve a fund or stock statement, your looking for the gain, thats the bottom line, right? Well in order to get gains you cut costs.

Just my two cents - - - but these are multifaceted issues.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Registered

I can not agree with you more CAT....Does anyone thingk that any of those Dunkin Doughts owners are big charity givers ...Just try and sell them a product ...nothing for yours and a ton for thiers.....Funny