Goodbye, Jim.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Goodmorning, Jim!

Goodbye, Jim.
That's funny.

The boat is still here locally. I don't know what he is going to do with it. The boat is just sitting. It will take a bunch of money to finish that boat. It is nothing more than a blank hull with seats. It would make an awesome piece when it's done, but would take a bunch to get there.
Eddie
Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
That's funny.

Fastest ban yet. I think he's down to under an hour.

That cat looks cool but it has to be heavy. There's a reason nobody makes them from tin anymore.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Even if the hull was free, it will be expensive to complete. Nice looking hull for sure, but too many unknowns. Unproven hull design, unproven hull material compared to today's technology with glass, kevlar or carbon fiber. If completed and the hull does not perform it would have zero resale value.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=jbrauer;416719]

Boat & Trailer - $65,000 Canandian
Motors, etc - $75,000 Canadian

Thats less than $100,000 US!!!

QUOTE]

Wild how much the US dollar has fallen from 2002 .
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

$140,000 Candian is $138,000 US.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
That's funny.

The boat is still here locally. I don't know what he is going to do with it. The boat is just sitting. It will take a bunch of money to finish that boat. It is nothing more than a blank hull with seats. It would make an awesome piece when it's done, but would take a bunch to get there.
Eddie
The whole thing is just weird, unless the owner is BK why didn't he finish it? It doesn't add up to me. The only thing that keeps coming to mind is the "oops" factor, like they built it all the way to present then realized an error or a structural defect that halted it? Now all of this is speculation of course and I don't want to c0ck block this gentleman's sale but some disclosure on his part might help push this thing along? This is the place to sell it or at least get it some exposure but I don't with the information available anyone is going to touch it.
Just my 2 cents take no offense.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 2,946 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
The whole thing is just weird, unless the owner is BK why didn't he finish it? It doesn't add up to me. The only thing that keeps coming to mind is the "oops" factor, like they built it all the way to present then realized an error or a structural defect that halted it? Now all of this is speculation of course and I don't want to c0ck block this gentleman's sale but some disclosure on his part might help push this thing along? This is the place to sell it or at least get it some exposure but I don't with the information available anyone is going to touch it.
Just my 2 cents take no offense.
The original story was the project (which included a 50+ aluminum Vee hull too) did indeed go BK after loosing funds. Thats when the boats were originally bank seized
Old 06-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered

There was a thread somewhere that they had dicovered that the engine compartment was to shallow for blower motors to fit properly. I don't remember where it was but they did say that ans that both boats were repoed.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That one sounds kinda' funny to me. If I had the capabilities and resiurces to engineer, design and build something like that, I think it would have occured to me that engines would have to go in it and accommodations for them would make sense.

Quick Reply: New 50' Aluminum Cat coming to US

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.