Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Trailers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36965-boat-trailers.html)

32fever 11-14-2002 06:51 PM

Boat Trailers

I'm researching trailers at the moment. Any recommendations?

Fresh water, so I want a fancy painted steel trailer, electric jack, electric brakes (at least something that I can back up a hill without needing a Kenworth on both ends to fight the surge brakes), 8 lug axles, clear coat if possible, etc. No drive guard or such, but tool box if they offer one. To trailer a 38'er.

What manufacturer would you suggest?

What kind of price should I be looking at? (bottom line, haggled the salesman naked price)

Can I buy direct, or is there a dealer network?

How about customer service, reliability stories?

ps....I called Myco today, never heard back and they told me I'd hear in an hour. I just want to know if they sell direct or I have to talk to a dealer. Sheesh.

psII...I own a Vanguard now, and it's a nice trailer, but the stupid "hub caps" that cover the axle/bearing buddy ends keep fligging off. And they're a B**ch to get on when you replace them. Not a fan.

Dock Holiday 11-14-2002 07:07 PM

I'm sold on Myco.

This is my second one and I have never used a finer trailer.

Personally I like the unpainted look, no maintanence, no chips, etc. But that is just me. The painted ones really do look great.

Myco, Extreme and Eagle are probably the best in that order.

Good luck

LakeRacer 11-14-2002 07:29 PM

If you want trick...go with Extreme Trailers out of California. But I have to agree with Doc; very little maintenance and no chips to worry about. Next trailer I get will be a MYCO or similar.

obnoxus 11-14-2002 07:35 PM

I have had great luck with my Eagle,,, a little pricey but worth it to me.

Donzi38ZX 11-14-2002 11:36 PM

Manning

32 Fever,

I just ordered a Manning Marine trailer http://www.manningmarine.com from Mark (Boatme) He is in Michigan close to you. I also checked with Myco and Eagle. Both nice trailers but quite a bit more expensive. The manning was ~9K depending on options the Eagle was about $11K and Myco $13K. These prices were with spare, custom paint, alloy wheels and triple axle brakes (disk surge w/ reverse solonoid) Manning also offers to laser cut and backlight your boat manufacturers logo in the side of the trailer.

Steve

Hot Duck 11-15-2002 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Myco is the ticket. I have owned two painted ones and one aluminum one. These trailers are built extremely well, they will build it with the options that you want and they tow well on the road. We put a lot of miles on trailers and we have never had a problem with Myco. Give them a shot and you will not be disappointed. Oh yea....they look great too!!

Lynch Mob F2-3

www.mycotrailers.com
(941) 748-2397

buck183 11-15-2002 01:21 AM

I have called Myco twice in the last couple of months with no response. They will not return my calls. I would have a VERY tough time spending money with someone that won't take the time to talk to me. :mad:

Buck

FormulaFan 11-15-2002 05:08 AM

MYCO is the way to go! Call Bill Tweedi at Myco, he always returns my calls promptly. I recommend the aluminum triple axle, hydraulic over electric disc brakes, 5 spoke aluminum wheels,etc.
I am on my second Myco, I will never buy anything else!

MassiveThunder 11-15-2002 07:02 AM

Manning Marine builds the best trailer by far!!!!!! I have had Myco,Eagle,C-Hawk,South Florida....etc.The trailer is way over built and way under priced.I am a boat dealer and go thru some trailers.They cost about 1500-2000 less than a myco for a large trailer( to fit a 35-45ft boat)And have more options.Such as electric brakes on all 3 axels,drive guard,17in wheels and tires.The list goes on!!I cannot say enough good things about them!!

jmackin 11-15-2002 08:29 AM

I agree manning builds a great trailer. I DEFINATELY THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN EAGLE(MY LAST TRAILER), ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE.