Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone know of anyone dealing in diamonds?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36972-anyone-know-anyone-dealing-diamonds.html)

NJScarab 11-18-2002 10:04 AM

A buddy of mine just got cold feet and is selling his ring. It's a rectangular modified brilliant stone, 1.1 carats g color, vs1. The band is platinum w/24k accents and 4 stones w/tcw 1.2. It's appraised for insurance at 11,500. He wants 6k for it. It's also GIA cerified.

29scarab 11-18-2002 10:53 AM

stevequick,

I am currently planning on trip to Chicago this weekend. My plan was to come visit you. I don't think this was a bid war. I was just asking for some input from people on the board.

This is something Extremely important to me and if I had to spend more for something my future half wanted than the so called

"best deal", I was willing to do so without question.

I think this thread may have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

Shawn

Chuck beecher!! Whats up!! Its my little blonde bombshell DeAnna!!!!

stevequick 11-18-2002 01:50 PM

Shawn,
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just wanted to make a point. Everyone knows someone in my business. It's hard to know who to listen to or where to go. I thought it might be interesting to see if any other jewelers would be willing to do as much for you as a fellow boater.

I received your E-mail and it would be great if you could come to Chicago. We'll roll out the "Red Carpet" and have so many diamonds for you to see, you'll get tired of looking. Also a thousand or so settings for them.
Steve Quick www.teamlamarine.com

29scarab 11-18-2002 02:53 PM

Steve,

I emailed you again!! Take a look!!

Ruben Bermudez 11-18-2002 03:53 PM

All that glitters...

My buddy Vinny Boombotz down at the pawnshop
says if your ol' lady doesn't have a loupe,
size is everything...in a diamond.

Can ya actually TELL one is better than another JUST by looking at it with the nekkid eye?

Always amazed me you could take something essentially worthless outa the ground, polish it up, and sell it for big bucks.

RB

apache77 11-18-2002 06:37 PM

2.11 ct heart shaped g color si-1 3,500.00 any one care to match
also 1.21 ct emerald cut f color si1 1,500
.78 ct emerald cut f color si1 1,000
.61 ct " h color si2 400
.53 ct " f color si1 550

stevequick 11-18-2002 07:01 PM

Apache 77,
In the non-certified, out of pawn, diamonds no one ever asks for department. You are the man. I have a customer for you. His name is Bermudez.

Steve Quick www.teamlamarine.com

29scarab 11-18-2002 07:01 PM

You've got our attention!

Send me a email. I'm starting the hunt this weekend! I'm starting with the O.S.O. recommendations.

29scarab 11-18-2002 07:04 PM

Steve ,

Did you get my email??

stevequick 11-19-2002 10:32 AM

Shawn,
I received your E-mail. It sounds like you will have a busy day on Saturday. Let me know if you are planning to visit our store. We are also open Sunday (11:00 to 5:00) if that helps.

If you're seeing who I think you are on Saturday, you will be very glad to see us. Keep in mind some of the excellent comments your fellow OSO members have given.

#1 Only look at GIA certified diamonds, it's the only way you can be sure of quality. It is also the ONLY way you can compare prices. We know of certification labs that will certify a diamond any quality you ask them to. GIA is untouchable. Remember we all want the unbeliveable deal, which makes us vulnerable. Any jeweler that compares his "other" certificate to a GIA cert is lying to you and they know it. Stick to your guns. Hopefully you do this once in your life. You'll be talking to people who do it every day. They are masterful at bringing you to their way of thinking.

#2 Cut (cut, color, clarity, carat weight) is the first of the four C's for a reason. Ask them to explain it to you. Accept only premium and ideal cuts.

#3 Buy in Chicago and ship to Texas to avoid paying Illinois sales tax. Most people who buy high ticket jewelry ask us to ship it to another state. It's perfectly legal for us to do and saves you an additional 8.75%

Good luck
Steve Quick 800 404 0058 www.teamlamarine.com