Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   They caught the guy that killed DanL!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37007-they-caught-guy-killed-danl.html)

hp500efi 11-15-2002 03:45 PM

"felt a bump" ------- "didn't look back".................

He needs more than the bat :mad: :mad:

Jennifer, thanks for the update.

gdfatha 11-15-2002 03:53 PM

Great news..

Thanks Jen..

Prayers and blessing for Becca, all the family and friends.

marc

babybro 11-15-2002 04:07 PM

Well you read the good news.The bad news is he lawyered up
And for the prosicuter to get him to come in they made a deal.
he admits to come up on danny as he was pulling out of his driveway.he admits to tailgating and then passing danny
And he said danny passed him then stopped and got out of his car.
then he stated that he saw a big guy comming at him so he
tried to go around him.and he heard a bump and never looked back.As for what charges will be filed we have to wait till next thursday for the arrainment.This is a buch of **** because they gave him a plea because the felt they may not have caught this guy.so to get him to turn himself in theygave him a deal
This is all I know for now will keep you all posted,Kenny

PhantomChaos 11-15-2002 04:11 PM

:confused: :confused:

kitten 11-15-2002 04:21 PM

....deal smeal...may justice prevail!!:(
......still praying......

eMotiondriver 11-15-2002 04:25 PM

Kenny,
I talked to my wife Cyndy and they may have baited the lawyers with the plea and if there was not any prosecuters in on the deal he may not have a deal. So they may be able to throw the book at him. Now we are going off of Maryland law I hope it's the same in New Jersey.

HANG the BASTARD

Doug

ShipWrecked 11-15-2002 04:34 PM

WHAT?

And he said danny passed him then stopped and got out of his car.
Many will jump me, but I am going to throw something out for thought -
If DanL didn't stop and get out of the car, would he still be alive?

No disrespect to the family, this tragedy is awful and OBVIOUSLY got out of control, and we only know what we are told.
We all need to think twice before we act like a bad-ass, because many times, it just isn't worth it.

eMotiondriver 11-15-2002 04:36 PM

Now that I reread Ken's post I see there was a procecuter present. They still have to get with the States Attorney involed to file all the charges and they could be alot harsher let's hope this is the case.

Steet 11-15-2002 04:52 PM

Closure to Tragedy or Is It?

I am making no opinion on the past events, but will share a story from a small town I lived in several years ago. A similiar thing happened in a case of road rage. A man was tailgating another man when the guy pulled over to let the tailgater by and then pulled back onto the road and passed the tailgater and blocked the road in front of him. The guy got out of his car and motioned for the tailgater to pull over , for what ever reason, and the guy that started the altercation ended up running over the guy and claimed self-defense because he did not know if the man was armed. After 3 days of Jury deliberation, the guy walked without so much as a slap on the wrist. This was appauling but did happen. Apparently when the man got out of his car, he became the instigator. Makes no sense, but unfortunately, thats life.

babybro 11-15-2002 05:05 PM

He may have jumped out of the car, but he did not derserve to die
Thank you for pointing out what i already knew.I've jumped out of a few cars myself in my day.I know that I have to live with the fact that this could have been avoided.God this sucks

God forgives the brotherhood doesen't