Notices

Abandond Fountain

Old 11-17-2002, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wild have you found out any info let us know .
Old 11-17-2002, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

as ssherman stated the story is how the boat came to be in his front yard. boat was sitting on styrofoam block and when the big floods of 93 came it floated and the blocks did to the boat was originally down at loto had 454 blower motor and smIII drives which are still attached motors and trans less blowers are still in boat of coarse it has filled with water and been sitting since 93. i first saw and spoke with the owner in the fall of 93 and it was in bad shape back then, interior was taken out before the floods it is a 86 moldel boat 12mm use to go by the name of wild thang at loto, whats more interesting than the fountain is the hydroplane that is sitting next to the barn i believe it like the spirt of america spped record holder or something like that. the owner use to own a auto tune-up chain in the st louis area scott randall i belive is his name
later
Old 11-17-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Comeon give us the address!!!!!! tripps
Old 11-18-2002, 10:49 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAN... THIS THING HAS BEEN SITTING OUTSIDE FOREVER!!!!!
I HAVE SEEN IT MANY TIMES....
Old 11-18-2002, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stayed at a big condo at LOTO this summer (can't remember the name-it was big yellow buildings across from Dorsey's Pit Stop) on one of the docks there was a big red fountain sitting on a lift that had been there for quite some time. I guess the guy that owned it hadn't paid his rent for a long time. One drive was missing (stolen) and who knows what else, but it was running when he parked it last. Covered and under the dock roof, it should be in relatively good shape.
Anyone know the rest of the story on this boat?
Old 11-18-2002, 11:41 AM
ssherman

the condo's are the ledges and tbone and i have a condo there but i dont recall a red fountain? do you recall which dock?

Old 11-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Registered

I thought it was dock no. 7? I remember it being three or four docks from the farthest south docks.
the guy that owned the condo (Randy Fleming) was telling me the story. That whole weekend is a bit fuzzy
Old 11-18-2002, 02:20 PM
Registered

That's a pretty cool place. I love the water where the arms meet! Got the little 28' Eagle airborne many times out front!! What a blast!
Old 11-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If ya can't sell em, fill em with water let em crack, dump em by the road side, and buy a cat, then ya can go fast.

PS, being by that pond and the beak on that thing I thought it was a pelican at first.....................LOL
Old 11-19-2002, 03:57 PM
Secret F233

The boat is owned by a repo guy named "Art" somthing or other

It's in windfeild mo of hwy79 & has been there for about 10 years in & out of the pond the Seats & Motors are in his basment.

I know this becouse he lives right next door to my inlaws my bro inlaw has heard the motors run and says there all cromed out & bad A$$.

He will never sell it every yr he says he's gona get her back together but never does so there it rots & yes the hull has been cracked internaly by expanding ICE.

Quick Reply: Abandond Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.