Notices

Dock and Dine Tampa

Old 04-09-2021, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Thank you all for posting on this thread. We have a vibrant boating community covering the Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee counties. All the places mentioned are great experiences. Tampa is making a strong effort to build its waterfront amenities. However, it has a long way to go to catch up with Pinellas.

Have fun out there.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 572 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtlawyer
Good point - forgot about that. Its unfortunate that our area is so devoid of boat accessible dining options. We end up going to St. Pete a lot of time and docking at the Municipal Docks - which can be challenging as to availability.
They just opened some new ones on the pier. Well I saw them, didn’t see any boats there last week.
The following users liked this post:
dirtlawyer (04-12-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Guy working on my boat went to FPBC event in Tampa this weekend not sure where? Must be a nice place where ever it is?
Old 04-10-2021, 10:21 AM
Registered

Hear there are some legend boaters also Glad they are OK!
Old 04-10-2021, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Went by Caddy's SPB about a month ago and there were signs saying no docking and no entry through back door so unless something changed, I wouldn't count on going there.
The following 2 users liked this post by NitroSun:
hogie roll (04-10-2021), Nothing personel 353 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nothing personel 353
Hear there are some legend boaters also Glad they are OK!
Wooooaahh what happened and are all OK?
Old 04-10-2021, 06:14 PM
Registered

Delaminated from what they reported older cat boat?
Old 04-10-2021, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 70 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Tampa itself sucks for Dining by boat as there is not a lot really. Also if you are thinking for this weekend with poker run here you can pretty much wipe Tampa itself off your idea as there will be little to no dock space with FPC in town and staying in downtown.

that said......

Tampa - Downtown.

*Jacksons & American Social share the same dock space, Jacksons is a touch more "quiet" in comparison where American Social is a upper end hang out.
* Sail plaza - Across the water from Jacksons/American Social - This is direct access to downtown tampa but nothing overly close, you will walk, uber, or bird scooter to where you go.
* Docks up river at Armature Works - NYC style hall dining, lots of options, lot of fun.
* More up river - Ricks on the River - Dive bar, pub food, has it's time and place

*Not downtown but in Tampa bay...........
* WTR off the causeway, more of a day pool club vegas feel, they have sushi and some good bites, def more a day time spot than dinner.
* The getaway - Old FPC spot, owner is a dick, tiki bar place, great atmosphere, ok food, easy docking.
* Hula Bay - Other side of the bridge from getaway, more laid back, lots of docking, also an old FPC card stop.

St. Pete Area.....
*Downtown - Pier area, docking is now open but not plentiful IMO, Can vist the pier and all its restaurants, as well as the Vinoy and near by Beach Drive dining options
* Maximo Marina - Tiki Docks bar is here, this was the fun stop for the FPC run last go around. Nice spot, Lots of docking, good food, but kind of hard to know where it is...google and follow your maps
*Island Grill at Tierra Verde marina - my fav spot, can be nice dining or casual. Has a pool, great food, and live music. Docking can be limited at times.
* The Wharf - Near Tierra Verde, Dive bar, old wood type setting, good food, cheap drinks, local fun
* Hotel Zamora (360 Rooftop) - Hotel off the beach, good amount of docks, casual upper end, has a rooftop bar with light food
* Caddy's St Pete beach - Caddy's is a common beach bar here (lots of locations) more pub food and drinks then nice dinner
* Middle Grounds - Higher end food, nice setting, definitely a early dinner spot worth going to.
* Sea Dog brewing company, a brewery on the water with good food and good people, actually very nice
* Old gators on the pass, just now reopening as Crabby bills, amazing location, lots of docking, horrible riptide that makes docking a pain in the ass.
* Salt Rock Grill, lots of docking, upper end food, casual setting, all around awesome!!!

There is many many more but I dont want to write a book. let me know if you want Clearwater and Dunedin area places as well.

* Sarasota - Just will leave this one as it is newer, high end, and beautiful---- Shore - High end, need to clean up to go, lots of docking, amazing food, beautiful everything

Hold on Gators in Johns Pass is gone? That was my old hang out when Iived in TI.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by lear60man
Hold on Gators in Johns Pass is gone? That was my old hang out when Iived in TI.
Sadly, yes. Didn't make it through the shutdown. Glad to hear it is reopening as a restaurant.
The following users liked this post:
hogie roll (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Nothing personel 353
Delaminated from what they reported older cat boat?
same we heard while on the run as well. No injuries, not even much panic, more of a "this sucks " and recovery of the boat
The following 2 users liked this post by Nate5.0:
Nothing personel 353 (04-13-2021), Poker Face Xtreme (04-14-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.