best windproof sunglasses?

Old 11-18-2002, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who has a good one that I can get with my perscription that's also polarized
Old 11-18-2002, 08:26 AM
Registered

I have a pair of Oakley racing jacket sunglasses that I had my RX made into the lenses and they have been great. I have used them at 90 mph without any wind getting into my eyes. They are not the best looking glasses but they are OK and serve a great purpose, to see and keep the wind out of my eyes.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Too Old
Guard Dogs

Purpose built eyewear.

www.guard-dogs.com
What, do you shoot yourself in the face with an air compressor hose?

You're never out IN THE WATER in a boat!!!!!!

Just jokin!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I use the hingless Oakleys and have been very satisfied. My wife has perscription glasses and I ordered a set of guard dogs that fit over them. She's not real fond of the appearances, but reports that they work great.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:11 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Thumbs up

I'm always losing my sunglasses so no Oakleys for me. The best pair of sunglasses I have ever bought are safety glasses. They are wrap around and cost me $4.00 a pair. For what I would spend on Oakleys, I have lots of replacements and everyone onboard has sunglasses if they forget theirs.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Registered

Guys,

Great thread.........I wear contacts, and it's really tricky to get glasses that don't annoy your eyes when driving. Anyways, I've owned a couple of pairs of oakleys, and they were alright. But the last couple of years, I just started buyin cheap glasses..........guess what, noone sits on them takes them, or you never lose them - lol.

Anyways, the best glasses I've liked (at least for me) were bought for $10 at meijers (went back and bout 2 extra pairs for that price). They were Ironmans, or something like that. They looked good, were waraparounds, and very durable. They weren't too big either.......something you don't have to change when you go into a resturant, etc.

Just my opinion, but I liked them because they got along good with me & my contact lenses.

The gaurd dogs look cool though.

RJ
Old 11-18-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

yeah -- that is the reason i need them

i have kerataconus -- which means my eye's are really screwed up.

I wear two pair of contacts -- a soft then a hard lens over it. So with the wind my eye's get VERY dry -- and my contacts pop out easily.

for all my other outdoor sports i just wear goggles (snowboarding, atving, motorcycling) -- but for boating i wanted to look semi cool

the guard dogs look like they should fit the bill nicely -- we'll see this weekend.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:35 AM
CRUBOSS

if you go to the shopping malls. they have those little carts or displays in the center. ( at least in the ones i frequent) i found a vender that had knock-off everything. for less than ten bucks a pr. and i loose them or break them. and refuse to pay high dollars. this guy has elastic head band goggles in many different collors and lenses for ten bucks. great little goggles for high speed. no watering eyes. if you break them or loose them , no big deal....

Old 11-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guard dogs work great but they have two downsides and one upside.

Downside 1 - They have plastic lenses which haze over in a couple days time so you need to keep cleaning the haze off.

Downside 2 - They are not suitable to wear as normal sunglasses while onshore.

Upside 1 - They only cost about $25.00 vs. the $100-$200 for some of the highend sunglasses mentioned in this thread. So, Guard dogs might be the way to go if you want to get 4 or 5 sets for your entire crew.
Old 11-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Costa Del Mar Havana's in black chrome

Quick Reply: best windproof sunglasses?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.