Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   best windproof sunglasses? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37139-best-windproof-sunglasses.html)

TEAMBAJA 04-07-2003 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I use these OAKLEYS! Not always, but they work great!

LapseofReason 04-07-2003 11:39 AM

Full F16 canopy.

Pantera1 04-07-2003 08:28 PM

Maui Jims

Worth every penny ..comfortable , polarized , 9? MPH no problem.. Use a croakie

thunderdan 04-07-2003 08:36 PM

Originally posted by R Addiction
Dan , at 90 the glasses are imbedded in your face:p

I use Gaurd Dogs, love em!!!

Chit, that is why they stay on my face..:D :D

Ted G 04-07-2003 08:48 PM

I just got a pair of the Panoptix, they are fantastic in both optical quality and wind proof. I have the copper lenses and it takes a few minutes for the eyes to get used to them but once they do they are very clear and the colors are great.

Ryleighs_Mom 05-18-2007 11:54 PM

Costa Del Mar is the best for any water activy. With the megol nosepads, no need for croakies : ) PLUS Costa Del Mar offers the best in polarized lenses AND warranty. I have a pair and when I needed repairs I didnt need an original receipt dated within a year of purchase.

bsirk 05-19-2007 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ryleighs_Mom (Post 2133018)
Costa Del Mar is the best for any water activy. With the megol nosepads, no need for croakies : ) PLUS Costa Del Mar offers the best in polarized lenses AND warranty. I have a pair and when I needed repairs I didnt need an original receipt dated within a year of purchase.

Exactly my advice. Costa Del Mar is hands down the best thing you could have over your eyes if you're anywhere near water. Seriously though, they have the best polarization you can get (get the 540 lenses, I'm not joking it's like HD vision) and they practically stick to your face. You will not be disappointed.

Ryleighs_Mom 05-19-2007 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by bsirk (Post 2133043)
Exactly my advice. Costa Del Mar is hands down the best thing you could have over your eyes if you're anywhere near water. Seriously though, they have the best polarization you can get (get the 540 lenses, I'm not joking it's like HD vision) and they practically stick to your face. You will not be disappointed.

Dont ya mean 580 lenses? I dont think they have 540 lenses...

horsepower452 05-19-2007 01:10 AM

I started to wear the oakley goggles. They sponsored me while I was racing and can still get good deals. I thought they might look silly but they are amazing and come off quick

bsirk 05-19-2007 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ryleighs_Mom (Post 2133046)
Dont ya mean 580 lenses? I dont think they have 540 lenses...

Right, right, my mistake. Wave 580 lenses, and might I suggest the green mirror? I've had people put mine on and ask me if they're prescription, and they're not. Nothing else comes close to their lenses, and I've tried em all.