If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member Platinum Member Fountain38's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 36 Daytona with 500 EFI's
    Pryor, Ok.

Talking Wanna Tour the Mercury Factory???

Ok, heres the deal. My friend is an engineer at the Mercury Factory in Stillwater in Okla. He says he can arrange a factory tour maybe in January 2003. I took the tour in april of this year and it is quite amazing. Lots of cool things that they do to create a bravo outdrive from the molten alumimium casting to the final painting. They build every engine, alpha, and bravo drives up to 525 EFI, I believe. None of the really high performance engine are built here but the whole process is amazing. Its all so high tech.

Anyway, he can only give accomadate fifteen to twenty people of which a least five slots are already taken by myself and friends..
    There are some crititera you will have to meet to kinda protect mercury from the competition spying. No camera's of any kind, and you will have to show identification to show that you are not involved with the enemy.: (Suggestions may be your business card etc).

My first question is there interest from the board? He says mercury does like to do this ocassionally for PR, for is customers. Maybe we could even get some hats, tee shirts, and maybe some goodies from Offshore Only (how about it Jeffery).

If the response was really good he said we may be able to arrange more people but we will start with 15 to 20 and see how it goes.

The tour will take place during the week and during the day, probably around 1 p.m. It takes about two hours.

E-mail with any question's or call me, Robert Brown at 918-232-8987 or night 918-824-1009
    We could either start at a hooters in tulsa or end up back there after the tour. Everyone need to bring pictures of ther boats also.

My Boats:
    02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
    Naples, Maine
    Sounds like a cool field trip! I am interested.

I would be interested in this trip, maybe we could get a few members from the Dallas area together for the drive?

My Boats:
    28ft Saber, 22 Velocity
    Kansas & LOTO
    Sounds like a cool thing to do in the middle of the winter!! Anyone from Kansas City want to try and make it?

Charter Member#157 Charter Member MnFastBoat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Advantage 28' Cat
    Minneapolis, Mn, Usa

Talking Been there

Already been there
    Made a slight detour off the highway when coming back from the Advantage Regatta back in 2000.

Was a great insight to what goes on with our packages.
    I learned a great deal, was impressed with the place as well.

Troutly is right, they deal with the stock stuff. Alpha, Bravo drives. Engines only went up to the 502 tehn and they would not lead me into the area they had the 496's I was able to see a few moving from one area to another on thier automatic movers. They tried to get my attention away from them but it was still peaking time
    All HP motors are done in Wi. Now that is a place I would really like to go and visit
    Been wanting to ever since I left the OK plant.
    I lost the guys card I met up with. It all started when talking with the reps at the Advantage Dealer dinner.
    I believe the guys name in OK was Paul, and he has a brother that works in Wi.

If someone could set up a group, or singel tour of the HP shop in Wi I would call in sick to work for that trip

BTW, this photo re-sizing is a crock of $H!T
    really makes the photos look like crap. I have a $700 camera that I do not like having look this bad!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs

Charter Member #94 Charter Member Gordo's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Active Thunder 25' Factory 1 Race Edition
    New Port Richey, FL
    I wanna go! I wanna go!!!
    Julie, this may be almost as cool as Lake X...
    Ok, maybe not, but it'd still be fun.

Charter Member #1528 Charter Member RiverGirl's Avatar
    I want to go.........

25 Eagle
    Will they fly you over to Lake X to round out the tour? Sounds like fun.

My Boats:
    312 Formula & 31SS Sonic
    Lake Eufaula, Ok.
    Naturally I am in for the tour.......add in
    Todd-" Top Dead Center" the engine man also....he said he was bringing a shopping cart with him!!

Registered tanned fat looks better's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Baja 270
    the western shore of THE BAY OF KANSAS CITY
    I'd like to go too. I'll be in Stillwater tommorrow, thurs and fri. I wish I could go then. I guess I'll just spend some time in Eskimo Joe's instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast