Notices

27' Formula Project

Old 11-18-2002, 11:54 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27' Formula Project

the interior looks ok. So it prolly just needs new engines and some cleanup. It could prolly be had pretty cheap and would be a nice ride if you could do the work yourself.

http://www.yachtworld.com/listing/yw...USD&units=Feet
Old 11-19-2002, 07:18 AM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie

Good lead Puder! Looks to be an excellent rebuilder. Have you got any more details? history?
Old 11-19-2002, 01:00 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i got the link from my yachtworld mailer. If i wasn;t neck deep in my current projeect i woudl consider it.

I noted there is a brand new pair of 450hp small blocks in teh classifieds for $6500. Those plus say 10k on eth boat throw in 4k for misc crap plus labor(free if you do it yourself) you coudl haev anice boat for around 20k. Might move pretty well with that much HP in a small (but heavy) boat.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Needs lots of work. 2 new engines for sure..maybe drives rebuilt. At least sanded and repainted. Re rig engine compartment. Tabs are rotted, Interior needs some new panels and carpet, cabin looks like it had about 2 ft of standing water. bottom needs some repair, cover is a POS. no trailer.
A good project if you can get it REAL cheap. Like 8-9kmax
Old 11-19-2002, 07:05 PM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie

Thanks for the info guys, I'm always looking for an interesting project. I think I'll let this one slide I've got enough on the go now anyway. Later
Old 11-19-2002, 10:21 PM
cartman

What is wrong with the bottom? looks like big blocks in this boat? Hey Dan B did you look at the boat?

Old 11-20-2002, 03:52 PM
cartman

Has anyone looked at this boat in person did it sink?

Old 11-20-2002, 04:45 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I went out to see it with Maxxk9 from oso about 2 mos ago. Someone took the intake and heads off and let the motors fill with water. You might be able to salvage the blocks. Everything else is major rust. 2 cyl heads are missing. Probably lots of small stuff too. There 454's
Bravo Drives, transom assy's, and K tabs show salt water corrosion BAD.
The bottom is worn thru the gel coat and dinged up from forklift stacking. Dont know how long the water was in the bottom, but long enough to put a stain line in the cabin. I'd be concerned about rotted stringers, rusted fuel tanks etc....9k would be a good offer. Be prepared to invest lots of time. Or $ if you cant fix it yourself. Its a project.
Good luck
Old 11-20-2002, 06:27 PM
Registered

Yeah, what Dan said! I got real excited about this boat back in September and went down to visit Dan and look at this ride. Both drives, and transom assemblies need to come off and completely rebuilt / restored. The portside K plane is so bad you could probably break it across your knee. Not to mention the issues Dan already mentioned. I'm not sure what to do with the bottom, re-gel coat or paint?
Old 11-20-2002, 09:35 PM
cartman

Thanks sounds like a lot of work and might be close to buying a nice one when you are done even if I did the work my self? some thing to think about. Thats the great thing about this board good heads up.

Quick Reply: 27' Formula Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.