Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   is Roger Bourget an OSO member??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37287-roger-bourget-oso-member.html)

big daddy 11-20-2002 02:17 PM

I missed the show, but is the other guy you're talking about is Jesse James from West Coast Choppers?

puder 11-20-2002 02:25 PM

i like the bourget bikes. but i woudl never ride one. I woudl just look silly on it. 190lbs clean cut white boy from the north shore of long island on a chopper bike. Its not jus the bourget bikes its all custom chopper bikes. I would like a midget humping a steam roller.....

A buddy of mine bought a tricked custom harley and just looked ridiculous riding it. We gave him plenty of **** over that bike. I think he got 4 or 5 copies of Easy Rider on DVD from people as a joke. He has since sold the bike and gotten a sport bike.

NOW that being said if i biult it myself we are talking a whole new ball o wax.

I'm no rub........

Advantage_Rob 11-20-2002 02:50 PM

Dont get me wrong, the Jesse James bike was bad ass, and it all comes down to personal taste, and building your own has more to say about your taste and styles than anything you can buy for sure. The bourget has been a long process, designed, engineered, the tooling is all set up, and made more like a production line bike, but has the custom look. The other custom bikes are put together more on the fly not thought out as well, but then they are one of a kind bikes which is cool too.

Choppers aren't my style, a friend of mine bought a bourget chopper this summer. It is bad ass, candyapple red, and just wicked in every way. it's a 55* rake and hard to ride with the front wheel so far out there, I think he paid around 33K for it new. The one in the show was (guessing) 40* rake. But even with building your own, the style I like is that standard bourget look, I love it. You can find used ones with under 1000 miles for 25-30K.

There is a company here in the Detroit that makes pretty awesome bikes caled Detroit Custom Choppers, I checked them out this summer, very sweet bikes, but 40-55K. All I know is that a custom bike is on my list, and that list is getting smaller, but I'm the type that wont pull the trigger till I find just the right one at a cant pass on it price.

fatdaddy 11-21-2002 09:31 PM

I was a complete Harley nut, thus, my first child is named Harley. I just got tired of seeing another 10 bikes at every event that looked just like mine despite puting over $10k in mods to it. So, last winter, I decided to go custom. I looked all over the place and decided to go w/ a 2001 Bourget Fatdaddy, thus my user name. 113 ci, 6 speed trans., 40 rake, 3 in stretch, crazy paint and a 250 rear tire. It turns heads everywhere, even non-bikers are impressed but that certainly did not come cheap at $47k. Unfortunately, I've had some minor problems. I'll be sending my rear wheel back again soon b/c of flaking chrome. This is not a lazy man's ride as it requires a certain amount of constant vigilance. West Coast Choppers has an attitude problem; i.e. their motto, "pay up sucka." The people at Bourget are nice and seem genuinely concerned w/ your satisfaction. I highly recommend the product. On a side note, my weekly ritual of firing it up in lieu of winterization ran afoul this a.m. when it wouldn't turn over, I'm thinking weak battery b/c of the low temps.

fatdaddy 11-21-2002 10:12 PM

The coolest feature on most of the Bourget's, including the fatdaddy is the lower seat height b/c of the absence of an oil tank. Oil runs through the frame tubes.

puder 11-21-2002 11:14 PM

on the show it wasn;t jesse james he was competing with. It ws some other guy who's construction techniques were "interesting" the gas tank was pretty much all bondo and mid construction had to be totally "redesigned" aka cut to **** and jerry rigged toegther so you could actually turn the handle bars. That really didn't inspire confidence in the quality of the biuld.

Advantage_Rob 11-22-2002 08:07 AM

For comparison's sake...
Lets just say that the build quality was right up there with Puder's spelling!

Chris288 11-22-2002 08:15 AM

IT was Billy somethingoranother, not Jesse...

Jesse has the SKILLS, his bikes are truely " CUSTOM " and his metal working skills are phenominal.

The bike Bourget built was by far the better looking chopper, It blew away Billy's P.O.S It was built in memory of his daughter who was killed while riding. I looked at their web-site and from what I can see you can't even buy the bike that was on the show.

BigMike 11-22-2002 08:35 AM

My brother has a Bourget Low Blow Chopper and this thing is amazing. I have been riding for 25 years and I was afraid to ride it. He has so much cash tied up in it that if I dropped it I would probably have to take out a second mortgage on my house or something. He has the 113" S&S, Baker 6 speed, open primary, etc. Check out the picture (ignore my ugly mug)

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/rhaney/Other_stuff.htm

Mike

Chris288 11-22-2002 08:42 AM

Hey Big Mike...

Whats the deal with the rental car photo on the web-site ??, that pontiac is doing 130 and the rpm's aren't even 4,300 ???