Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ford v Chevy v Dodge - great article on pickuptruck.com >

Ford v Chevy v Dodge - great article on pickuptruck.com

Notices

Ford v Chevy v Dodge - great article on pickuptruck.com

Old 11-20-2002, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cripes, isn't Scarab an auto designer? Now I know why my POS Dodge Durango has so many parts that don't quite fit right.... *rattle rattle*

First, last, and only Dodge I'll ever own. What a piece of junk...
Old 11-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Registered

Troutly, did you read the "first drive" on the 2003 6.0 - it's over on the right hand side of the page. Good article, and it does a little side-by-side versus the Dodge *spits* and Chevy as well.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:42 PM
Registered

LOL Dockrocker !!!
I used to design Ford interior components!
Now it's Nissan stuff.
It is amazing how Ford can have a decent vehicle with the amount of cost cutting they do in Design/Engineering departments.
I keep hearing how much of a POS Chryslers are and just don't see it.
I owned a Chevy truck before (1988) and that thing drove like a friggen dump truck , it did have good power though.
My Mustang Gt was a complete POS rattle trap, thats why I turned the thing into a racecar.
A friend of mine has a 2000 F150 and with only 25k on the odemeter is sounds like 125k ! Its already had the front suspension rebuilt and the whole upper end of the motor rebuilt.

I've owned 4 Dodge trucks and have only hated one (Dakota) but the other 2 had over 100k on them with no problems and I wouldn't trade my noisy Cummins for anything. Well maybe a quieter one.
Y

Last edited by 26scarab; 11-20-2002 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The chevy didnt get beat THAT bad.... but I did notice that in most tests they did not include the dodge in the graph... Is it that bad???
Old 11-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Registered

Scarab,

This is the only Dodge we've owned, but... I'm usually ambivalent about vehicles. Just not worth getting worked up over (other than yankin' someone's chain, of course). But I hate this POS Dodge.

Lousy ride, cheap interior components, wind ROAR, tire ROAR, induction ROAR, you have to yell at the passenger to hold a conversation on the freeway. Persistent and - apparently - unfixable rattles everywhere in the dash. And then there is the constant detonation on the 5.9 V8 (360). Took it in to the shop and was told "they all do that" and "you can use premium or maybe try shopping at a different gas station" Hmmm, the manual states regular unleaded...

Overall, really glad this thing is a lease and it's going back in a just a few months. The only redeeming feature is the radio; it will pull in 89.9 from Windsor (CBC Radio Two, classical music). Can't get that in the wife's Mountaineer.

On every other level, the wife's Mountaineer is a 1000% better vehicle.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Registered

Dockrocker,
I definitley won't argue with you about the 360 ... what an underpowered gas guzzler

But at least its got a cool stereo ... at least you got that going for you !!
Old 11-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Blacksunshine

Does anyone know how to say "Like a Rock" in Japanese?
That way you "duramax" owners will know how to communicate to get parts for it!!

Die hard bowtie boyz Sh*t their drawers when GM put the rice diesel in their "beloved" Shivvy!
Attached Images  

Old 11-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Registered

It does suck gas - I average around 12 mpg running around town. The wife's Mountaineer gets over 17 - admittedly with the V-6 (but it's pretty quick with that motor).

My Dodge experience + the fact that I get A-plan means a Ford is in my future
Old 11-20-2002, 03:21 PM
Washed Away

Should have gotten the V-10 in your Dodge. Love mine.

Old 11-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Registered

hook them end to end and see who breaks and who pulls who that psd onily has 5 more flbs of torq so what i still love my dodge

Quick Reply: Ford v Chevy v Dodge - great article on pickuptruck.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.