Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT...Dustin, you still there?...
Old 11-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CanadaJeff,

We don't have any valve train upgrades for the 500 HP EFI. There's not too much left in it naturally aspirated. Az. Speed has a larger throttle body and different program that will help out a little bit, but you really need to work with the heads, replace the heads, etc. to get much more out of it. I've worked with Paul Pfaff on a NA setup that was similar, you might want to contact them.

Reckless, stage one is very easy to install, 3 connectors and 4 bolts to remove ECU, then filter and thermostat are a simple. This program is for 91 octane and will void the factory warranty, theres nothing we can do about that. There is a 2 day turnaround time, shipping depends on the area, weight and delivery time requested.

I do not put much faith into 15hp per mph, every boat is different, and V bottoms are the toughest, some boats will take more per mph, some less. I've seen boats with another 50+hp go the same speed. Certainly 15hp per mph is a rule of thumb, but like I said, everything is different.

Thanks,
Dustin
Old 11-29-2002, 02:35 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Reckless288
And could you break down the aspects of the hi-perf program/low temp thermostat and how they combine with the filter to get the average 10% gain? I think you could really get volume sales on this package if the percentage is in the ballpark.
I too have asked Dustin for some real data. I sent him 3 e-mails so far asking for dyno info and specifics on what type of programming is possible.
So far, I have only gotten a price list.

Dustin, how 'bout some meat & potatoes with that gravy?
Why won't you give us the details so we can buy products from you as INFORMED consumers. I want to buy 2 stage-I's, but unless I get the info I am asking for; I will not buy.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 11-30-2002, 07:44 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

TTT

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 12-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Registered

We don't send dyno sheets because of our proprietary information. We are currently working on some lit that will have power graphs. You email just before and during a holiday, keep in mind, I like a little rest myself. As for what we do, well we give the engine more spark, more spark energy (milli-jouules per coil), tune air fuel depending on what other mods have been made (increase/decrease engine efficinecy, fuel mapping needs to be changed to be maximizied and ideal for power), higher rpm limiter, tune cylinder to cylinder for equal air fuels and peak power, cooler stat to increase air density in cylinder.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:09 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

That helped, Thank you.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 12-09-2002, 06:49 PM
Registered

Thumbs up OSO Discount Coupon for Mods??

Dustin, how about a discount coupon for OSO members for the mods? And in exchange we will help by giving you all the feedback to help update future mods or to improve current mods.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Thanks Dustin for the follow up. Feeling secure about tossing another grand into some go-fast hype is getting tougher these days to do. I'm putting my pennies in the jar beginning today...
Old 12-23-2002, 11:29 AM
tfairweather

Dustin Whipple Charged, I talked to Paul Pfaff last week and we were discussing the Stage 3 kit with new heads on the 496 HO not sure what brand but how is that going? Would this be part of a complete package that you would sell? If the Heads were changed with the stage 3 what would the total HP be at the prop Appox.?

Old 12-25-2002, 11:52 PM
Registered

Brent, I'm sure we can work something out, especially through the next month, but theres not much markup although it may seem that way

Reckless288, we have some new developments on the exhaust as well, were going to be switching from the very expensive Sport tubes to the standard E tops as the benefits did not out weigh the cost difference. I know what you mean about these type of packages, but believe it or not, some boats do wonderful and some are just slugs, can't do anything to get them to go faster. Theres also quite a few stock cals that vary so powers have really varied, the one thing is that we have one cal so we'll make consistent power.

tfairweather, were still developing to achieve the best most reliable power for the lowest amount of money. Keep in touch with Paul, we'll share our findings soon.

Thanks,
Dustin

Quick Reply: Prices for Whipple 496HO Mods:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.