Notices

Was Power Boat right

Old 11-21-2002, 06:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next year I want to talk JetSet into making the trip and kicking all thier asses. Now wouldn't Bernie look funny if someone beat his big bad red rocket.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

GO JETSET GO JETSET GO JETSET wipe them up !!! tripps
Old 11-22-2002, 11:23 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Ron:

I luv ya ..............BUT!.......on its best day Jet Set couldn't stay within 40 mph of the Bud unlimited...either in acceleration or top speed. Frankly, the Callan boat would put up quite a fight for Mr. Fusco's magnificent steed.

As far as "professional racing programs" are concerned, the Bacardi "pleasure boat" is entered in both the APBA and SBI races on a continuous basis, and the Callan cat is an ex World Champion UIM race hull. I am confused by one thing, however. I thought that Callan made boats (the 50+' vee bottom, I think is a Callan)...what does running a Ten Cara with turbines prove?...that turbines are faster than piston engines?...We knew that already.

One final point.......... How in the world did LOTO become an "offshore venue"......IT'S A LAKE FOR CHRISSAKES!!!!!!

If you want to "even the playing field for offshore style boats", run an "Offshore Shootout"......OFFSHORE!!!!

If not, Gary Garbrecht has an old OUTBOARD world record holding hydro that will smoke all of you....and Bernie LIttle might sponsor that too.... I can see it now Supercharged V8"s, ......turbines,...... rocket motors ...........all humbled by a 2 cycle.

Like I said the whole concept of "The world's fastest pleasure boat".......is silly.....because the line is crossed from pleasure to serious purpose craft...at about 120 mph...or less.......and once you get above that point true experienced boat racers will always wallop your tail....even in your own boat.

T2x...........allergic to whining

Last edited by T2x; 11-22-2002 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:31 AM
Registered

T2X

Well Put
Old 11-22-2002, 11:50 AM
Registered

Its either lots of specific classes and rules or no rules and anything goes. Doesnt Arneson have a big single drive boat running well in excess of 200? I read about it somewhere in a mechanical design mag. I would think they could limit it to personnaly owned and used pleasure boats. Wasnt that the original idea?
Old 11-22-2002, 11:54 AM
ssu

Power boat will stick to the sponsers

Old 11-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

I am not understanding! Why does this thread even exist? Which boat at the shoot out ran the fastest? The Bud Boat! This is a boat, not a helicopter, Jet plane, Blimp, Race Car, A boat plain and simple. I do understand that this event might have been dominated by local boats in the past, but the Internet and OSO in particular has made the word “Local” now a misnomer. There is no longer any local boats. Just look at Poker Runs, boats from all over the country show up. Even our “Lunch Runs” attract boats from all over. The organizers might want to consider forming classes, “Piston powered Cat” “Turbine powered Cat” , “Unlimited Hydroplane” “Drag Boat” Etc. At that point the whole event might as well become an APBA Kilo run. I don’t think this is the spirit of the run. But if there is an event that is advertised as the “Fastest Boat Shoot Out” and I was Bernie, you can bet I would be there. Now bring the event to the Ocean off Point Pleasant NJ, and I don’t think the Unlimited Hydro’s would show up, nor would the “Drag Boats” but the name would have to be changed to the “Skater Shoot out” or if the “Tencara Shoot Out” if the Callen boat wins.

Philip
Old 11-22-2002, 01:30 PM
Registered

Talking

You guys are gonna really be pissed next year,I'll bring the Gamefisher and the 3.5 air cooled out and burn everyone up!
Old 11-22-2002, 03:50 PM
DEVIL MAN

First of all....this is a top speed shootout for offshore boats on a lake....excuse the yawning!!!!! Big deal!!! Once again, they are offshore boats!!!!!!!!!!! As an orgainizer of countless events on the So Cal waters, the first thing a promoter or organizer must do is lock himself in a room for two hours with all of his generals and think of ways the participants can cheat!!!! Especially when pride, money or other perks are involved. If there is no competition at an event, there is no worry or hassle.

With SCOPE, we do not announce our annual shootout, we just wait for the red flag to be raised at the Coast Guard station and make sure the waves are at least five feet the following day and we then have our shootout....your boat must be ready at all times.....we only do our shootout in miserable, snotty, big wave conditions and then we find out who is the real King. We look Mother Nature in the kisser and dare her to dish it out....give us your best shot Mother. We taunt her, we abuse her, we torment her and then abandon her like a beaten little rat!

As for Bernie and his pansy ass Bud hydroplane....he is invited to our shootout any time!!!! With the Pacific ocean and salt water, we will simply watch that carbon fiber potato chip with turbines break into a million pieces....that red piece of crap garbage!!! Our shootout is where World Wars are fought, where the depths can reach for miles, where ships sink, sailors are lost, where thermo nuclear submarines watch our every move!!!! Not some body of water in which a drag boat or a hydroplane can just show up and blow your doors off!!! Screw them....give them 10% off of vaseline and tell them to get back in the closet!!!!!!!

We have 32 foot center console offshore boats that would kick Miss Bud's AASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

DMan...and the D is for Dam the torpedos!!!!!!!!!!

Ps....Looks like they didn't break any rules but in the spirit of competition and fair play, they are losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2002, 05:43 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

As for Bernie and his pansy assed Bud hydroplane
Oh Really?........ I doubt that 1% of the offshore "manly men" on this board have the sphincter strength to drive an unlimited at half speed....let alone in a race......even in calm water.

It takes a good man(Or the ability to pay a top throttleman) to win a (competitive) offshore race... true,.......... but you have to give credit where due....It takes a VERY SPECIAL DRIVER to even compete in an unlimited race.

Face it........They're damn good.......Better, obviously, than the Bacardi or Callan teams were that day...............

T2x...... who prefers Sapporo Yebisu beer, in spite of the fact that they sponsor no race boats.

Quick Reply: Was Power Boat right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.