Cigarette Racing - 22 year old CEO

Notices

Cigarette Racing - 22 year old CEO

Old 09-08-2023, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 1,331 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
https://pokerrunsamerica.com/start-em-young/

This might be an old article ....how things have changed. You can smell the bullsh*t
Are you saying you don't think they are building 50 boats a year?
Old 09-08-2023, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

I think it's obvious now that their respect for the Cig brand is false...or they would have already made moves to protect/isolate by sale, it from the coming storm.

Old 09-08-2023, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 3,091 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
https://pokerrunsamerica.com/start-em-young/

This might be an old article ....how things have changed. You can smell the bullsh*t
an older article and has NOT aged well at all. Re-reading it, I laughed again at this - Alex said. “I’ve always been involved in this. I’ve had tons and tons of experience already, you know, so I’m not your typical 22-year-old coming out of college. I’ve been working since I was 17.”

5 years?! You veterano you! You old salt! Lol holy sh*t, I’m laughing writing this.

dad, don’t let the kid talk.

re reading that article now, just wow. Every plan they’ve had has been disastrous. Hard to stay positive. Funny thing too is EVERYONE agrees it’s a total sh*t show but won’t say publicly. It’s the best hush hush / well
known conversation.

sad. Hopefully things get right or it sells to someone that is truly committed to the cigarette legacy, not on an obvious exploitation plan of riding coat tails.
The following 2 users liked this post by thisistank:
OLDRAT (09-10-2023), Plowtownmissile (09-10-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
an older article and has NOT aged well at all. Re-reading it, I laughed again at this - Alex said. “I’ve always been involved in this. I’ve had tons and tons of experience already, you know, so I’m not your typical 22-year-old coming out of college. I’ve been working since I was 17.”

5 years?! You veterano you! You old salt! Lol holy sh*t, I’m laughing writing this.

re reading that article now, just wow. Every plan they’ve had has been disastrous. Hard to stay positive. Funny thing too is EVERYONE agrees it’s a total sh*t show but won’t say publicly. It’s the best hush hush / well
known conversation.

sad. Hopefully things get right or it sells to someone that is truly committed to the cigarette legacy, not on an obvious exploitation plan of riding coat tails.
My feeling is they will ride it into the ground and spite will be their MO.
The following users liked this post:
Plowtownmissile (09-10-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Are you saying you don't think they are building 50 boats a year?
NOT A CHANCE IN HELL. Maybe 12 or less.
The following 2 users liked this post by jusabum:
offshore312 (09-18-2023), tommymonza (09-08-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 04:11 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
You guys are some real haters. Hopefully he succeeds
I'm still a hater.
The following 3 users liked this post by Indy:
cheech (09-11-2023), jusabum (09-08-2023), tommymonza (09-08-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 619 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
"through a merger with Diicks Sporting Goods we have created the fastest kayak on the water! (DSG kayaks with CRT stickers on them, marked up 400% and carbon fiber wrap on the paddles). LipShp edition with dark CRT stickers is also available.
Soon to be established, heard thru the grapevine , Sporting Little Diiks Kayak Racing Team.

Last edited by tommymonza; 09-08-2023 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 335 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm not defending Cigarette and their mislead plans, but although Cigarette is part of the Life wallet group it is not traded publicly and has not been part of the downturn in the business world. You can't beat up on Alex for something he is not in control of. If Cigarette does have new orders from throughout the world, they will continue to be profitable on their own without Life wallet.
Now they just need to concentrate on keeping old and new customers happy.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Zoom
I'm not defending Cigarette and their mislead plans, but although Cigarette is part of the Life wallet group it is not traded publicly and has not been part of the downturn in the business world. You can't beat up on Alex for something he is not in control of. If Cigarette does have new orders from throughout the world, they will continue to be profitable on their own without Life wallet.
Now they just need to concentrate on keeping old and new customers happy.
You actually believe Cigarette is surviving without cash infusions from the parent company? Interest rates are going to kill boat sales. Yes there are plenty of cash buyers but someone is further down the pipeline buying those used boats and if that market crashes then the trades will drop in price and the guy won't buy a new boat. If a guy has 3mm burning a hole in his pocket but is getting 5% in some guaranteed investment while waiting on the sidelines you are going to have to make him a great deal for him to buy a boat new or used.

Part 2 - if CRT is making lots of money I'd expect the creditors of LifeWallet to grab that "asset" to attempt to get there money back! But seeing the MSP meltdown, the lawsuits there is no way I'd build a new boat with this bunch. At some point the music will stop and there will be 1/2 built boats that never get delivered just like Pantera and others. I'd be stunned if they were even making the same amount of boats that Skip made in his last year of ownership. Skip had Performance Boat Center selling for him and the Ruiz team focused on T shirts and getting rid of their biggest dealer!
The following 5 users liked this post by Jupiter Sunsation:
cheech (09-11-2023), endeavor1 (09-09-2023), IGetWet (09-09-2023), OLDRAT (09-10-2023), Plowtownmissile (09-10-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

known conversation.

Remember a another part of Cig legacy were the failed owners.............Don and Skip were the best 2 owners, the few in between were failures for one reason or another. I'd bet the Ruiz group will fall into the failure category and I'd hope a guy like Ron Szolack buys the pieces of CRT and has great success.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.