Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any Corian dealers here? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37427-any-corian-dealers-here.html)

hotbeek 11-22-2002 03:36 PM

I could get for $426.93 Corian Sandstone 1/4" X 30" X 98". That would not include shipping. You're getting a pretty good deal there. (Our company's COST is $334.85)

Let me know if I can help.

Good Luck

idaho_penguin 12-06-2003 02:20 AM

Does anybody see a difference of the bouncing between a power boat and a medium sized RV with air springs. I'm remodeling an RV, trying to replace a kitchen counter. The supplier refused to sell or install Corian even if I accepted no warranty. Then they said no sale period because RV road vibrations may cause Corian to shatter? I know it's not for boat use, but forum members seem quite generous with help. Looking for supplier close to Austin, TX, or will pay shipping.

GOFSTCAT 12-06-2003 07:22 AM

i have light weight true granet counters for boats,aricraft,elevators .. any where you want real stone but not the weight contact dennis nebus at 954 240 0468

DaveP 12-06-2003 09:01 AM

DJD - did you check out to see if Corian can sustain a 5'-8" blonde Lace girl with 4" heels? I would hate to see that Corian get all marked up :D :D :p :p

Counter Dances on DJD's Post! WOO-HOO!

mcollinstn 12-06-2003 09:44 AM

Corian is the stuff for lighter colors, but their darks are funny looking due to the solids they use.

Avonite has the best looking darks, and is easier to buff out if scratched.

I'm looking for a 42" round piece of marble,granite, or corian style material to make a table out of. I just need a piece that I can cut that size from. Scrap or used material okay, if anybody knows wherethere's a piece.
(black marble or granite look or similar). Thickness not important, as long as there is enough there for me to have some drop to cut into edge trim.

lylecam 12-06-2003 10:47 AM

corian dealer

what color are you looking for

BRUCE SEROFF 12-06-2003 11:35 AM

Dave....

I deal with Solid Surface people all the time. You may want to look at other products as well. Wilsonart makes Gibralter solid surface laminates..Nevamar makes Fountainhead and Formica makes Surrell and then there is Pionite. Is there any Particular color or style you were looking at? Let me know and I can get you some samples. For Corian, I buy from Dolan and Traynor here in North Jersey Ill get a price and availabilty on Monday

lylecam 12-06-2003 11:54 AM

fountian head and surell are know formica solid surface wilsonarts material to brittle best for boats is florenata solid surface it is acrilic poly blend and is more flexable

ChrisK 12-06-2003 08:12 PM

I can get a product called jetta stone. It is a solid surface material just like Corian. You work ij just the same. I will call my guy(factory direct, they are in FL) and see what I can get for a price. I may even be ablr to drop ship it right to you. Call me monday at 407-463-9664 and I will see what i can do.

idaho_penguin 12-25-2003 03:19 PM

In case you haven't found a source yet, someone just posted 10 sheets of quarter inch Corian on eBay. Sheets are Aurora pattern, 86 x 28. eBay item is 2583479134. The sheets are in Mooresville, NC. The guy wants $499 for 10 sheets. I'm asking him what he'll take to sell and ship 2.

Good luck.