adjustable fuel reulator  question ? >

adjustable fuel reulator question ?

Notices

adjustable fuel reulator question ?

Old 09-29-2002, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable fuel reulator question ?

installed an efi kit on my 1998 26 sonic with 502mpi mag (mefi 1 computer) was wondering if anyone knows of the correct setting for this set up . kit is vortec max flow ( flame arrrestor, msd ignit., ecu recalib.and adj fuel reg. ) heard 42-45 lbs is the correct setting , any one have an exact number that they have tested ?
Old 09-29-2002, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ttt
Old 09-29-2002, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running a 502mag MPI it is 1996 and it runs 41psi with motor not running when you cycle the key. I have ran it as low as 38 but it wa sa little lean. It als has CMI exhaust. I have tried running more and less pressure but this is where I ended up. Arizona Speed & Marine remapped ECM when headers were installed an dI installed a adjustable regulator at the same time. Pressure sounds about right to me. You will have to run it and the check plugs and adjust from there. Better to start a little rich than lean for sure.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

I have a set of the vortec efi regulator's thatt I've never installed, as everyting on my boat is stock, and I dont get any transom sut, so I sont see much point in putting them on. Any differences you guys have noticed with them, as it is definitely an option for me as I already have them?
Old 09-30-2002, 08:55 AM
DonMan

I installed a K&N arrestor and SM exhaust and seemed to have a flat, dull throttle response. I installed a Vortec regulator and immediately noticed a much crisper throttle response and the plug reading looked much better. After tinkering with many settings, I finally settled on 43 psi ( WOT ).

Old 11-24-2002, 08:04 AM
One last ride

Question 1999 502 mag MPI's

I recently added after market exhaust and k&n filters. I talked to and sent off the ECUs to Arizona Speed & Marine to reprogram them. They told me to save my money in regards to buying adjustable fuel regulators. The adjustable regulator are not needed. I suppose it depends on how many modifications you do on your engine. If you do minor add-ons as I did, the reprogrammed ECUs will adjust the internals as needed.