Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago boat show and a dinner anyone? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37528-chicago-boat-show-dinner-anyone.html)

D_Casten 11-25-2002 08:56 AM

The bar at the Hyatt is right by the entrance to McCormick. We had a great time in there last year with a lot of the folks running the show booths. They're ready for some drinks afterwards. (If you've ever run a product show, you know what I mean)

Doesn’t compare with the restaurants named above but would be a handy place to start.

stevel 11-25-2002 10:25 AM

I agree,

No decent food at McCormick Place. It is a quick cab ride anywhere we want to go.

I could go for casual - Lou Malnaties, Ginos, Houstons etc or upscale dead cow from Ruth Chris, Mortons etc.

I think Gino's or Lou's has a private room we may be able to reserve?

Steve

obnoxus 11-25-2002 10:47 AM

DOWNTOWN HOOTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevel 11-25-2002 10:50 AM

I think we have a winner!

Cord 11-25-2002 12:15 PM

Mike-what was that pizza place we went to? Uno's?

Wally 11-25-2002 01:11 PM

I'm in for something! :D
the downtown hooters is small.....if tis anywhere near lunch time we wont be gettin seated anythime fast. :( And they dont take Reservations of any kind.
Uno's has great pizza! Not that far from Hard Rock either if they dont have room for all of us.

Intolerant1 11-25-2002 04:36 PM

Ok, how about we meet at the food court before the show for a dry burger and an overpriced beer. That way everyone can meet up even if your not up for dinner later. Then we can do the show. The group will get split up as people have different interests so we should plan on dinner elsewhere later.

cougarman 11-25-2002 05:43 PM

Boat show?

Where is the boat show held in Chicago?
Also do they carry the hard core performance boats?

Grand Rapids used to carry Cigs, Outerlimits,
and a few other great ones. Past five years
it's went more and more to Cabin Cruisers &
Sailboats.

Thanks for any input
Cougarman

chromecat 11-25-2002 06:21 PM

Don't forget that the Metra runs underneath of McCormick place and goes downtown... I am from central illinois and take the metra from university park to the show then downtown for dinner. Lots of great places within walking distance and the weekend pass for the train is $5 per person.. can't park anywhere for that... and it's easy.. let me know if anyone is interested and i'll post the link to the schedule.

Wally 11-26-2002 08:34 AM

Re: Boat show?

CougarMan, its held at the McCormick place right on the lake front. And as for hardcore boats.....kinda limited but they do have a few. Last years they had Cig, Black Thunder, Awesome, Sunsation, Baja, and PowerQuest. I think i may have forgotten some but you get the idea :D But yes the big cruisers are the main attraction at this show. :(

Originally posted by CougarMan
Where is the boat show held in Chicago?
Also do they carry the hard core performance boats?

Grand Rapids used to carry Cigs, Outerlimits,
and a few other great ones. Past five years
it's went more and more to Cabin Cruisers &
Sailboats.

Thanks for any input
Cougarman