Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago boat show and a dinner anyone? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37528-chicago-boat-show-dinner-anyone.html)

Intolerant1 11-23-2002 01:42 PM

Chicago boat show and a dinner anyone?

Is it that time already? The Chicago boat show runs January 1-5 for 2003. I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in an OSO gathering in conjuntion with the show. Maybe somewhere within a cab ride of the show? I plan on being away for New Years but would be happy to help plan if anyone has suggestions. Maybe we should just have an OSO New Years Eve/Boat show party :cool:

Looney Tune 11-23-2002 03:19 PM

Are you going by boat or car?:D :D :D

Smitty 11-23-2002 03:31 PM

I'm in!!! Last year some OSO'ers met up for the show then went out for Pizza afterwards. Maybe we can do the same or something like that. Maybe set a time to meet at McCormick place and then go from there???

Let us know

How you feeling these days???

stevel 11-23-2002 05:57 PM

I'm in for Saturday or Sunday.

Steve

Intolerant1 11-23-2002 06:45 PM

Feeling better, thanx. Since Im not working I have time to organize somthing. Last year I bumped into a few members but I think somthing more organized would be better. Is there a place for decent food at McCormick Place?

Waterfoul 11-23-2002 07:26 PM

Keep me posted too.

obnoxus 11-23-2002 10:12 PM

Sounds good,, I know Candyman and us will be there

Tom 11-23-2002 10:32 PM

Ribs within walking distance

Is there a place for decent food at McCormick Place? [/B]
There is a rib place walking distance that is incredible. It looks like a dumpy little place, but the walls are lined with famous people who have been there. I would only go in the daytime since it has the kind of window that they put the food in and spin it around made out of bullet proof glass. I don't remember the name, but if you walk towards downtown it is in a dumpy strip mall the first that you come to. It is only a half block from McCormick Place.

MnFastBoat 11-24-2002 02:12 AM

I was there last year and met a few people
Missed the dinner :(
When I was talking with Rich from Innovative marine he was talking about how the vendors are hating the new years opening :(
I was actually thinking just last week about going.
Maybe doing Chicago for New YEars sounds crazy enough :)
But have no idea who, what or where to go.
Make if to the show on the first and count me in.
I have to be back home to work the night of the 2nd :(

MAKDADDY 11-24-2002 07:43 AM

Hey
Keep me in mind, if I get all of my projects done by years end I may find time to go this year.
I would love to meet everyone for dinner.
Perhaps at Ginos for pizza?
Or even at Ed's thats always a fun place.

Hey Obnoxus if you are going, it would be nice to meet you before I get the boss up the river.