Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jt Trying To Brake 200 Mph On Dec 5th In The Ozarks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37539-jt-trying-brake-200-mph-dec-5th-ozarks.html)

FunHome 12-02-2002 12:05 PM

Thanks Dave!! And Good Luck!!!

Gordo 12-02-2002 12:54 PM

I also noticed the difference in dates/days on the APBA website, so I called last week and asked them about the schedule. I was told "Thursday and Friday". I know that the Kava Kava GM Vortech Extreme is registered to come up from Florida for the event and was also told the run was on Friday. By the way, the boat wasn't supposed to arrive here from Florida till Thursday afternoon. So, since I'm on duty Wednesday and Friday, meaning I get off duty 0700 Thursday morning, I beg to get the time off duty Friday, (our policy states vacation requests be at least 2 weeks in advance) so I can have Thursday & Friday off. My vacation gets approved, (after some "creative tact without actual sucking up"). Yesterday, Funhome calls me asking when Miklos and Decuices will arrive at LOTO. When we discuss dates, I again get nervous and called APBA.
NOW I find that there was a minor miscommunication and the days are actually Wednesday and Thursday.
GREAT !!!! I just wasted a vacation day for nothing, and have no hope of getting Wednesday off. I also had things set up for an incoming race team that is now wasted time, but the worst part is, some of the teams from Florida are now scrambling at this very moment to "load and go" so they will make it here in time.
Gawd I love racing sometimes. :rolleyes:

ssherman 12-02-2002 02:48 PM

so are we all in agreement that the run is thursday 7-11.

Gordo 12-02-2002 03:11 PM

Well, it sounds like KiloKat and the Missouri Water Patrol have their stuff, (and schedule) together. Now if APBA can get hold of the teams that planned on participating in time for them to make it, it should be a great event.
Unfortunately, I'm already screwed so y'all let me know how things went. :mad:

JaayTeee 12-02-2002 05:44 PM

what about viewing it from
DOCKKNOCKERS ???
any good:confused: :confused:

ssherman 12-02-2002 07:17 PM

I thought that or possibly windjammer condo's??????

mpally 12-02-2002 07:21 PM

Where is the end of the run? What about viewing from that church on the point of the Gravois Arm? Just a thought.

ssherman 12-02-2002 07:24 PM

I think the end of the run is at the duck but i am not positive. any idea where a coarse layout might be?

mpally 12-02-2002 07:32 PM

Now your really asking for details. That probably won't be known till Wed. of Thurs.

Gordo 12-02-2002 10:30 PM

I got a map from APBA, but it only really shows that they will have the lake completely cloed from the dam all the way up to the 6mm.