Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   heard someone was shot at Ricks/KW (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37619-heard-someone-shot-ricks-kw.html)

plumbgirl87 11-25-2002 09:14 PM

You can read the whole story at www.keysnews.com. No one ended up dying. One guy taken to Ryder Trauma Center in Miami, but he did live.

TulsaLarry 11-25-2002 09:29 PM

Catmando is right about Jack Carmody's canopies, here is a quote from Powerboat after the accident:

But the canopies on the Carlos n' Charlies boat were not standard F-16 canopies. "Apparently, Jack was claustrophobic," Allweiss said. "So he had the (canopy) hatches removed and the profile lowered so he could breathe and function better."

R Addiction 11-26-2002 12:27 AM

What night did this happen? I was there (keys) all week. Must have been hammered:rolleyes: Could not get the site to load for key news.

BattleCry 11-26-2002 02:25 AM

I didn't know about someone getting shot. I saw a couple of fights. I watched one. The cops laid the smack-down on a guy that was clearly resisting. And was right in the middle of another one with two guys fighting over whose LENGTH was longer. DAMN MEASURING CONTEST!

If you weren't there in Key West you missed one hell of a party at Rumrunners Upstairs. It was total carnage. I Love Women. Also at Ricks and Sloppy Joes. TONTO and GANG (did I capitalize that? I thought I did! lol) have really started to perfect their partying skills. You couldn't have asked for a better group of individuals to hangout with. Totally First-Class. Next time drinks are on me.

Big Andy

CigDaze 11-26-2002 09:29 AM

Originally posted by R Addiction
What night did this happen? I was there (keys) all week. Must have been hammered:rolleyes: Could not get the site to load for key news.
Fri Night(Sat Morning) sometime around 2-3am. A couple of local kids were responsible.

Rick's was dead the next day. :eek:

R Addiction 11-26-2002 09:36 AM

Drunk and Home by then!! Thank God. Hey Nick, It was nice meeting you and Erin. See ya next year!:D

CigDaze 11-26-2002 10:07 AM

Likewise! It was a pleasure meeting you and the misses! Had a great time. :D :D :D

Dixie Doug 11-27-2002 09:50 AM

Originally posted by Battle Cry
I didn't know about someone getting shot. I saw a couple of fights. I watched one. The cops laid the smack-down on a guy that was clearly resisting. And was right in the middle of another one with two guys fighting over whose LENGTH was longer. DAMN MEASURING CONTEST!

If you weren't there in Key West you missed one hell of a party at Rumrunners Upstairs. It was total carnage. I Love Women. Also at Ricks and Sloppy Joes. TONTO and GANG (did I capitalize that? I thought I did! lol) have really started to perfect their partying skills. You couldn't have asked for a better group of individuals to hangout with. Totally First-Class. Next time drinks are on me.

Big Andy

Funny that happened in front of the "WORLDS SMALLEST BAR":rolleyes: