Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Dually Photographs (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37626-new-dually-photographs.html)

Dean Ferry 11-25-2002 01:41 PM

Jay,
Don't you mean, "First tank of DIESEL"?!
MD

seanclong 11-25-2002 01:49 PM

Originally posted by Dean Ferry
Jay,
Don't you mean, "First tank of DIESEL"?!
MD

He, he. :D Good catch!!!:eek:

Crazyhorse 11-25-2002 02:02 PM

Remember, if the pump handle ain't GREEN, you got the wrong one.

Sydwayz 11-25-2002 02:09 PM

SCHWEEEEETT!!!!

dean campbell 11-25-2002 02:11 PM

VERY NICE TRUCK JAY !

DAMN, you must have more money than GOD!!! lets see, you own a house, wife has a mercedes SL500, you're getting two new engines built and dynoed, you have a big boat, and now you have..... A FRICKIN NEW DUALLY!?!?! MAN, let me in on your secret.

Strip Poker 388 11-25-2002 02:31 PM

jayl13 nice truck,did the bumpers come painted from the factory or is this a coustom package?i like the color.

Jayl13 11-25-2002 02:50 PM

its called im POOR
Yeah good catch, first tank of diesel

My boat I bought moneywise very very cheap.
The house, I have been rebuilding since the day I moved in, everything was 25 yrs old and beat to hell. Boat was all origional and neglected. Mercedes I bought used (1999 model just bought in Oct of this year)
I look for deals, I dont care about turning wrenches and dont care about what my labor is worth.
I am not rich, I dont have secrets, I work really hard in the network engineering department head of a little mastercard company.
I work about 50 hrs a week, This dyno money im paying is killing me cause the boat is nice but it is never going to be a 42 fountain or 41 apache or the like.
I cant keep up with those guys but I can beat my old bayliner!!!
(well this spring I should be able to)
I bought this boat because it is big but it is not huge.
I could not afford huge, I still cant afford huge but when it is time Ill have the truck part that can pull huge.
When I do things like buy cars and stuff, I think way into the future and say , okay this can serve a purpose now, but what will my needs be in say 5 yrs, 10 yrs?
This crew cab will be around for a LONG ass time with me.
Has 4 doors, 8 foot bed, 410's and diesel.
There is no reason that this truck should not be around for a long time.
Plus I sacrificed my TA and my pickup for it, saved $$$ in insurance, the truck I had cost me 250 a month in fuel alone, so this is saving me that alone so I did this to save money, we are going to refi the house since the rates are so damn low, going to take the prepayment penalty in the origional mortgage contract cause I can save myself about 300 bones per month alone in interest and that will also include PAYING OFF THE BAJA completely (home eq loan)
I learned alot of this from other OSO members cause I asked the same questions, cause I want a bigger boat (with no problems) and so on and so on.
Do what you can do, be proud of what you have and enjoy it.
I dont have the fastest, the best, the prettiest or most wild boat out there, but im damn proud to say its mine and when I pull into dave and busters, and everyone hears me, I get the best feeling in the world.
My club (NJPPC) they are a bunch of cool guys cause they dont descriminate against you cause you dont have a 120 MPH boat.
if you feel bad or dont love your boat, make it a goal to try to move up, but your doing better than the guy standing on the shore looking at you with binoculars wishing he had yours and thinking the same thing your asking me.
Believe me I was the land lubber for 15-17 yrs
This is my first real boat and im doing everything I can do to get it out there and running.
Keep plugging away and make good money decisions, you will end up out front soon enough!
Jason

Jayl13 11-25-2002 02:52 PM

Rob it is the XLT sport package,
Bumpers are painted from factory
Chrome nerf bars, Painted grill and door handles, carbon fiber interior and 2 tone gray seats and black carpets
First year of the sport. you will start seeing them as they are attracting alot of people, Dodge has had a sport for years, im suprised it took ford so long to follow suit
Jason

JUSTONCE 11-25-2002 03:01 PM

Thats a nice looking truck. To big though, when it breaks your going to need a real big chevy to tow it. well maybe not :D :D

Indy 11-25-2002 03:03 PM

Nice Rig...:D