Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Dually Photographs (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37626-new-dually-photographs.html)

CigDaze 11-26-2002 09:33 AM

Beautiful Truck, Jay. Good luck with it!:D

cuda 11-26-2002 03:05 PM

I got off the phone with my Ford dealer just before I read this thread. I have a 99 F 150 Lariat 4x4 with 103K miles and today was the first day I had to have work done on it. The abs light was on, found out it was a $25 sensor.:) Best truck I've ever owned. I pull my boats, and my travel trailer with no problem. I also do tile work, and I WAY overload it with material. It has been a true work horse. Last week I decided I needed a new F 250 4x4 Lariat. The dealer had one that was gorgeous, red/silver that would match my Formula perfectly! The only reason I didn't buy it was because it is a crew cab, I want a supercab. The wheelbase on that monster was 189 or 199 inches! You can't turn it around in a Home Depot parking lot! I am going with the 5.4 gas again. No problems at all with it, and I don't think you'll ever recoup the $6K extra the diesel option will cost. I haven't found anything yet the 5.4 won't pull. I had a brand new 95 Chevy diesel dually, had nothing but trouble with it, finally ended up lemon lawing it.:( Paid $40K for it, beautiful truck, but a pos. I found out the hard way that you don't go thru the bank drive thru with a dually. I got stuck, and had to get out and get everyone else in line to back up so I could get out.:( Quite emabarassing! Hence the reason for no dually, and no diesel.

Jayl13 11-26-2002 03:31 PM

BULL****
You go back to that dealer and tell them that is a bunch of horse ****!!!
The 6.0's are NOT out yet so you can get a 2003 at a discount with the 7.3 PSD, Dont let them snow you unless you specifically WANT a 6.0
You tell them what YOU want.
If they are not willing to work with you , then tell them to go suck monkey turds out of a fat chicks ass
Dont take that crap lying down.
I hate car dealers, I hated the car dealer I got this ford from, and I cant stand when they start pulling your balls to make your ears clap, they have hold back, incentives, ect and special financing and Ford just extended truck month, so that is a total BULL**** lie, You go back there and ask to see the 2003 PSD 7.3 Liter and they have them , they can get them, and they can discount the hell out of them.
Freakin dealers want to make like 9 grand on each deal, dude this is not 1978 your not going to make a KILLER deal off of people buying cars new.
Jesus that really sucks, I would head elsewhere and tell another dealer, LOOK this is what I have, this is what I want and this is what I want to pay, either you can or cant make this happen and POOF im gone.
I got seriously jerked aorund with my ford dealer and I hate their freakin guts for it but I have my truck and I did pay more than what I wanted but htis truck was few and far between. Law of supply and demand
Good luck and dont let them jerk you off
Stand your ground
Jason

Allan4 11-26-2002 11:08 PM

So J-L....how do you really feel......??:D :D

Very nice ride man, and you are 100% correct with your explination of how you afford the toys. I have had my fair share of toys, it was all accomplished by being selective and looking for deals. Good for you, enjoy your toys. Later.;)

Jayl13 11-27-2002 07:02 AM

Well it is a shame I got rid of the trans am (thought I was going to the grave with that thing) but alas, there will be another
Yeah I dont have a kabillion bones to spend on toys like most of us so I look for what has the potential to become something fantastic with some work (and tool throwing and swearing and getting all tweaked over dumb issues)
but that is another thread
Anyway, some people just buy their way up the ladder, I personally choose to build my own ladder one rung at a time.
Jason

mopower 11-27-2002 07:10 AM

Jay,

Happy birthday #32 Dude:D :D

Jayl13 11-27-2002 07:16 AM

Thanks Cal, Hey long time no see LOL
Im trying to ignore the fact that im turning into an old tart
Where does the time go?
well there is part of my answer, I must have half Heimers, Not allsheimers, cant remember where the time went.
Anyway Thanks bro, appreciated
Jason

R Addiction 11-27-2002 09:16 AM

Nice ride Jason!! Color is deep!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

xtremeracingf1 11-29-2002 05:44 AM

Great looking truck,best of luck with it..

Jayl13 11-29-2002 01:03 PM

Well A New (2002) Z28 with 6 speed would run 12's if you got awesome traction and lowered the air pressure in the tires bone stock. Just FYI LOL (ex ram air owner)
So far (400 miles on it now)
it is doing really well in fuel economy but is there any way to make it get more MPG just as it sits?
Any chips and modules help with that at all?
Not complaining at all dont get me wrong but if I can cut its fuel consumption down a hair, then I can save more for that apache that is required on the back of this super flashy truck!

Any ideas for that?
Thanks
Jason