Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Job loss makes me sell my Cig (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37627-job-loss-makes-me-sell-my-cig.html)

NW_Jim 11-27-2002 12:27 AM

It depends on how resourceful you are. If I was to purchase this boat and I didn't have any engines, I would probably buy a couple of Teague 509's 575 HP for $9K+ each and run all day long wide open throttle. Teague engines are bullet proof. Everything else is there. It would still be running had I looked into the jetting, or read the plugs, or this or that prior to running it hard on her maiden voyage. My bad. I think this is a lot of boat for the money. It just depends on what you are looking for. If I had the money to keep it, I would in a heartbeat.

NW_Jim 11-27-2002 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another pic

LadySunseeker 11-27-2002 10:42 AM

Buddy:

We go back a loooong time. Good people with pure hearts are hard to find. Just remember what goes around, comes around, and "Every dog shall have his day."

It's a set back, a learning curve - it makes you better, stronger, faster, and wiser.

My best regards of all,
Please enjoy your holiday!

Jennifer

Sean 11-27-2002 12:34 PM

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your situation...unfortunately, there's alot of this going around. It's too badk you can't hang on to her, cause I remember how happy you were when you bought her. Good luck with everything, hope for the best and maybe things will change for better.

Sean

skat 11-27-2002 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are always different and often better opportunities...
Good Luck

PhantomChaos 11-27-2002 04:17 PM

HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!

"Professional Nipple Tweaker"!!!! :D :D :D :D

( . )( . ) to ( ^ )( ^ )

Gearhead99 11-27-2002 04:37 PM

Sorry, to hear about the job loss.

Been there, done that. But, believe me everything happens for a reason. And I mean a good reason.

After my job loss, I got everything in order. Took a job I didn't like, but it payed good, and kept my eyes open. Basicly, hunkered down.

Found a shop with an owner that wanted to retire and struck up a deal with him. Seven years later, with some sacrifices and hard work and I'M ON TOP AGAIN. But, this time I'M THE OWNER and I control my destiny. It's a good feeling.

Good luck, remember, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".

Later.......

NW_Jim 11-28-2002 12:14 AM

Thanks Jennifer. We do go back a ways. I am keeping my chin up and looking for the postive. I am very talented (toot toot) and I WILL succeed. It will take time and patience but it will happen.

Dave, I appreciate your story. I am keeping my options open. My trade (Tool and Die making) does not have many openings (read that None) up here since Boeing layed off thousands.

I have aquired a business license and I am starting to work for myself doing marine service work and some powerboat brokerage. I've worked on boats my whole career, they were just Nuclear powered. :eek:

I'm too much of a perfectionist to work for anyone else anyway. All I need now is to make some money:D

It's all good. And it can only get better.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. Please buy my boat ;)

timewarp 11-28-2002 02:54 AM

Jim,
Sorry to hear about the job, if there's anything I can do to help you out let me know.

Later,
Caleb

NW_Jim 11-28-2002 05:56 PM

Thanks Caleb. I appreciate it. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Vicki.