Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tom Cruise to star in Donzi - the movie (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37698-tom-cruise-star-donzi-movie.html)

thisistank 11-27-2002 03:04 PM

First off, I'm glad to hear (at least good guesses) that this implied movie will not just cover the Donzi era.

Second, I just have to say....You guys are a bunch of snivlers!!!
For I don't know how many years now I've heard of this movie talked about being made. For the most part it always sounded like it was going to be pretty much a b-flick. Now, it looks like there could be a major movie star to lead this project (weather you like him or not he is at the top of the hollywood A list). This could open this story and this sport to a whole new level and all you guys can do is ***** about how he doesn't look like Arronow!! W.T.F!!?? That seems a little petty. Look at the big picture, to pick him is a possitive choice.

T2x 11-27-2002 03:07 PM

Tank:

I have nothing against Rip Taylor............Heck, I endorsed him for the role.

T2x

thisistank 11-27-2002 03:11 PM

:D :D :D Touche!!!

Just to set the record straight....Rip Taylor would be a bad choice.:D :D

ShipWrecked 11-27-2002 03:25 PM

Tom Selleck would make a good Aronow and I don't think Tom Cruise would allow them to make a bad movie, so we can just sit and wait until it happens. Remember, not many know WHO he was, so short, tall, fat or skinny, it doesn't really matter. Let's just hope the movie can pump up the sport and help to get more recognition!

Mike J 11-27-2002 03:32 PM

Tank, Have you ever meet John
Crouse, I have a couple of times and T2x picking Rip taylor is really a great call.
Mike J.

scarabrick 11-27-2002 03:51 PM

mike your home nothing new about the boat out here he's still waiting on the owner or something

Steve 1 11-27-2002 03:54 PM

If they try to it in a single movie forget it? And Tom Cruise you’re kidding right? The Aronow I remember from the 70’s was a big tough guy a Sea racer! Not a wimpy Tom Cruise.

MrMagloo 11-27-2002 04:28 PM

I guess you guys might be right to hold on the negative opinions until the finished product can be viewed. The details are vague at best anyway.

I just still can't envision offshore scenes with Cruise straining to see over the dash. Jeez, only the top of his head would be sticking out of the bolster. Maybe we can give 'em hints to built the boats at 3/4 scale. ;^)

I do like the Rip Taylor thought though. Hmmm, who else? How about Billy (Soap) Crystal as Kramer, Mike Meyers as Lansky, Jackie Chan as Aoki, Ed Asner as Knocky, Dana Carvey as Bush, and Karl Malden as Wishnick?

And Steve1, that might be it! An Austin Powers-eque series starting with Formula with Tom Bosley as Vic. Now this is making sense...

RLW 11-27-2002 05:45 PM

How about Ben Kramer as himself?

29 OUTLAW 11-27-2002 06:57 PM

Robert Barone starring as Don Aronow.

That's my vote.