Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it! >

APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it!

Notices
View Poll Results: APBA 2002 Opinions?
Awesome!!! Without a doubt, great racing. Great Time.
17.76%
Very Good. Very enjoyable, always look forward to it.
2.51%
Good. Would do it again.
1.16%
Not Bad. Not my thing, could use improvement; Okay if you're into it.
0.77%
Hate it.
77.80%
Voters: 518. You may not vote on this poll

APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it!

Old 11-26-2002, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there every year since '94, this was an outstanding event, every race started on time (well, except for the first on on wed), no one got hurt and not too much damaged equipment.
Rick Hartman/ American Racing, we'll see you next year, thanks for the shirts.
Carol and James Brown/ Cool Running, congratulations and welcome back, sorry we missed you after the race, we had to get home.
Georges and Beverly
Old 11-26-2002, 06:07 PM
Registered

Key West '02 was excellent as always. The racing was exciting and close. I only wish that cruise ship wasn't their for the race Sunday, didn't like the revised course but still had a great time. A whole bunch of race boats and better yet a whole lot of poker run boats. "Lick This" and "Sorcerer" were awsome and the 50' Nor-tech from The Auqa Toy Store was unbelivable. Loved seeing all the Apaches and Cig's as well. I stayed at the Galleon and would definately stay their again next year.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:14 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Races started basically on time ...the weather was great...lots of boats showed up...everyone on Duval was great.. I only felt really bad on one morning.. saw old friends...wish I was back there...can't believe We turned down the chance to give up our seats on the flight out Monday morning for 2 round trips and last night paid for at the Sheraton Grand Key and meals because the airline over booked... maybe I did kill more brain cells than I thought this past weekend.. can't waittill next year!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 06:14 PM
BJM
Registered

Who the hell are the 15 people that voted I hated it. Where were you? You certainley were'nt in Key West.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great time !!! How could anyone have hated it ?!?!? You were in the Keys with Cold Beer, and Fast boats.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:28 PM
Registered

Well, I can't believe that many people did not like it. Where were you, In bed by 5:00? At least post what you thought was under par, that way it can be improved....

Nick and I had an awesome time!!! I always enjoy going to The Worlds. Thumbs up to all who made the event an awesome time. The racing was spectacular, and came off without a hitch. the best I've seen yet.

It was great to meet everyone that we saw throughout the weekend!!! Hope to see you again in the future.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:54 PM
DOG

Anyone ever been to an SBI race in Key West? Much more fan friendly. Last couple of years they had bleachers so everyone could have a great seat and enjoy the race. Wish APBA would show a liitle more care for its fans.

Old 11-26-2002, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by BJM
Who the hell are the 15 people that voted I hated it. Where were you? You certainley were'nt in Key West.
15? Oh, I see, that was back when you posted...Look now. Simply Amazing.

Well, let's see: The threads up for about half a day and the response is overwhelmingly positive. Alrighty...

Then, all of a sudden, well, I'll be damned, the negatives start rolling in...As a matter of fact, there's more in 20 minutes than in almost half a day. It's a Fukking miracle. How can it be???

Out of thin air, magical almost, the anti cheerleading squad arrives! WOOHOO.....Way to go! Ya!

Well $hit, I'd almost be willing to bet the naysayers weren't even there! Imagine that...I know, I know...Tough to believe, isn't it: That someone would do that.

Funny, no posts. Just anonymous votes. Anyone with balls out there? Anyone? Let's see a show of names....Better yet, let's hear some reasons you didn't like it.................................

Last edited by Baja Daze; 11-26-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by DOG
Anyone ever been to an SBI race in Key West? Much more fan friendly. Last couple of years they had bleachers so everyone could have a great seat and enjoy the race. Wish APBA would show a liitle more care for its fans.
Yep, I've seen one there. Not bad actually. It's different, but that's cool. Little things I wasn't used to, but hell, it's a boat race. Beer in hand, boats roaring by, couldn't complain at the time.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:07 PM
Registered

I have been to SBI exclusive and SBI/APBA joint races and now APBA exclusive and didn't notice much difference. Their were a ton of boats and everyone that I noticed was having a great time. I watched the race from the same place, on the wall, that I have watched the race in past years.

Great event, as always!!

Quick Reply: APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.