Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA Key West 2002 - Rate it! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37709-apba-key-west-2002-rate.html)

chuckbeecher 11-27-2002 08:01 AM

I agree that there should be a public awards ceremony!! AMiss APBA or MissRace Week would also be another form of entertainment and competition. They use to do public awards at the foot of Duval by the Pier House didn't they? They did them outside at the Quay in Sarasota a few years ago also.

BRUCE SEROFF 11-27-2002 09:47 AM

WOW..as I was reading this thread, everyone had mentioned everything I was going to suggest. Lets Hope APBA uses some of those ideas. Especially more port a potties (pretty nasty by the end of the day). Bleachers, Definately.. should be a Miss APBA (aka bikini) contest and winner to present trophies. Bleachers, A MUST.

excellent thoughts....I look forward to next year
HAVE A GREAT WINTER AND HOLIDAY SEASON
time to hit the slopes

Pete B 11-27-2002 10:22 AM

The title sponsor could put a nice mini skirt type outfit on Miss APBA and present the Checkered flag at the podium.
if they need a judge to determine the lucky girl i will volunteer my services. maybe a Miss OSO wouldnt be a bad idea either, we could do it at the miami boat show.

BatGirl 11-27-2002 10:29 AM

All in all in was a great week!:D They defiantly could have had more port a pottys and some more vendors.
Nasty habit, I agree with you. That was real disapointing about Drambui not getting there flag. I was waiting to take some picts!
Audicity, I agree they should have a podium to get award at, like they did at Corpus Cristie. It makes it nice for sponsors, fans, etc.

How about a MR. APBA to hand out awards to all the ladies? Any volunteers?:D The last thing I want to see is a bimbo in a bikini handing me an award. Lets keep the attention focused on the racers who earned there place up there, not on T&A. :p
There is plenty of fun places to see that in KW!:eek:
Since we are on the subject, How about a MR OSO for all the OSO ladies!!:D

Dixie Doug 11-27-2002 12:03 PM

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Pete B, Now that's a great idea!....Public awards ceremony immediately following the race with bikini girls passing out flags! :D

How about the winner of the Miss APBA gets flag duties??;)

Nice to meet you to, Jesse James. :)

LOL, Troutly!

Ryan, My thoughts exactly!

Still waiting for the haters to post up.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Are the APBA worlds better than the other? Is that the problem? Are More boats and a better venue disgruntling?:rolleyes:

Nick the haters are the ones that didn't go :mad: :cool: :p :p

CigDaze 11-27-2002 12:17 PM

Thanks Doug...It's obvious now.
It was a pleasure to meet you guys and party. It's true what they say...You know how to find the fun! :D:D

Some people just know how to ruin a good thing. :rolleyes:

Dixie Doug 11-27-2002 12:25 PM

A good time party with you all,just wish I could have met more OSO fokes like you 2.Hope to hoist em again with ya. :)

FunHome 11-27-2002 02:17 PM

Question!! Could you watch from the cruise ship like they did on the APBA radio cast? OR was that just for a few? If you had to pay how much was it?

NASTY HABIT 11-27-2002 02:18 PM

it was 150 clams....incuded a buffet...

CigDaze 11-27-2002 03:56 PM

Well, I'll be...

I just discovered a new feature:
When you're not logged in, you can vote multiple times.

I just got home from work and was not yet logged in and started surfing the site. Well, when I clicked on this thread, the poll was not displaying. So, for ****s and grins I clicked on a choice on the poll and voted. After being done, it still didn't display the results. So I thought I messed up or something and tried again. Same thing; It voted again. You have to actually click on the "See Results" button. But in the meantime, you can keep voting.

Well, this means that someone can vote all day long. EVEN NON-MEMBERS can vote...:confused: :confused:

That'll explain the immediate influx of certain votes last night...:rolleyes: :mad: :confused: