get your pencil ready! 2003 apba schedule

Notices

get your pencil ready! 2003 apba schedule

Old 11-27-2002, 02:56 PM
BILL W

ONCE AGAIN NO RACES FOR THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN SOME
OF THE OTHER GREAT LOCATIONS TO RACE LIKE BALTIMORE
NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY,DELAWARE,MARYLAND ,VIRGINIA,ETC
THESE RACE SITES WERE GREAT,DONT GET ME WRONG RACING AT THESE OTHER EVENTS IS COOL BUT WE WOULD CERTAINLY LIKE TO HAVE SOME LOCAL VENUES.WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSES THOUGHTS ON THIS.

Old 11-27-2002, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

What about Cape Cod?
Old 11-27-2002, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

What happened to Cleveland? And for a growing sport why are we wasting our time with the Bahamas? Not sure about all you guys, but I feal we would get a much better fan base and sponsor exposure if we kept the races in the states. Not to mention the expense and agrivation for the teams to make it to the Bahamas.
This sport will never grow if we have new venues each year and keep changing the schedule during the season. We have been talking to sponsors that have much more interest in National and Northeast exposure then going to some vacation island!

Frustrated racer!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey someone tell apba LI has alot of water in the great south bay,lots of marine facilites and lotsa fans that luv boatracing tripps
Old 11-27-2002, 05:38 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve,
I went to the Bahamas event and it was spread out all over the island. Not good when you have to take a $20 cab ride everywhere you went ($40 rountrip). I could see the pits across from Our Lucaya Resort, where we stayed, but couldn't take find a water taxi to get across the harbor. I don't even want to get into the VIP Pass fiasco. Don't get me wrong, we had fun but it wasn't convient to participate with the race festivities. I guess we could have rented a car and dealt with driving on the wrong side of the road. They really need to figure out the logistics if they are going to continue to race there. I say pull the race out of Freeport and go back to Cleveland.
Once again, Poker Runs are more appealing.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:45 PM
AIRTIME

Thumbs down

I heared the cape race was a 3 year deal?

Old 11-27-2002, 05:55 PM
BJM
Registered

If I remember correctly, which is sometimes difficult in Key West. I believe Michigan was mentioned as a new site at the drivers meeting.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:08 PM
Registered

These are all National event's right? Any info on divisional dates?

It does suck that there is not a date for the Northeast.

I was looking to race agian with Becca next year and let her drive my boat, I was hoping for some closer events.

Ohh well.

Doug
Old 11-27-2002, 09:35 PM
Registered

I hope they keep Cleveland some how, that is one of the best venues I've been to a race at ...

Honestly, I'm not sorry if Cape Cod isn't around again though ...

Someone mentioned St. Cloud, that's not shown because it's a divisional race (even though it sometimes gets more boats than some of the National races!).
Old 11-28-2002, 10:23 AM
WARRIORMAN

Milwaukee!!!!!! This is awesome!!!! There are hundreds of powerboats around lake Michigan, espically in the Chicago and Grand Haven area. Anyone need info on where to stay, let me know. This is my territory!!!! It's going to ROCK

Tom

Quick Reply: get your pencil ready! 2003 apba schedule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.