Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How much for used Kinsler F.I. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37783-how-much-used-kinsler-f-i.html)

ASD-6 11-27-2002 01:45 PM

How much for used Kinsler F.I.

1 Attachment(s)
What does a used Kinsler fuel injection set up run $$ wise? I believe they call this the Lucas model?

It's too late to add a blower due to my engine's 10:1 compression ratio, so I may opt for this route. I have a 509 ci, 10:1 c.r., hydraulic roller: .575/.575 - .308/.316 @ .006 - .254/260 @ .050 cam, Merlin Marine 320 cc heads, Merlin Marine intake and Nickerson 980. This all goes in my 21 Classic Donzi with Arneson #6 drive on their extension box.

This is what I want...

ASD-6 11-27-2002 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another from their site...

surfacetension 11-27-2002 02:17 PM

I Run a B/FC with injection , which is a nostalgic Funny car , On a boat I don,t know how well mannered it would be around the docks or on a cold day , you have to stay right on top of your tune up, We change the Pill (JET) size all day long as the Air Densiity changes, it would look real cool but I,m not sure how Practical it would be. Unless you just blasted back and forth on a river or lake and then just hung out???
Kinsler does all our work, the unit you want is the 3 piece deal they run on sprint cars , about 2800.00 give or take a few hundred, it,s a belt drive fuel pump and you need to set up a return line to your fuel tank. It could be done but you could spend your $$$$$ better and go faster with other mods

GregP 11-27-2002 02:28 PM

EFI or constant flow? From the fuel plumbing in the picture looks like an EFI with dual fuel rails. A new Kinsler EFI is $6k+. The EFI units should be quite drivable.

I just had a Hilborn splayed stack SBC converted to EFI, plan to install in (motor for my Corvette) and get it tuned after the first of the year. I've got about $5500 tied up in the EFI conversion so far using a used Hilborn starter manifold. Plan on another $1k plus or minus a bit to get the setup dyno tuned on your motor.

-Greg

puder 11-27-2002 02:43 PM

i think marc from go fast had a kinsler injection setup for sale. I know i saw one for sale around somewhere recently.

burtandnancy 11-27-2002 04:36 PM

I know GT Performance had two sets, brand new (take offs) for sale a while back. Give Gary Teague a call at (909) 982-8391. Don't know if he would split a pair or not...

skater 11-27-2002 07:17 PM

I have two of these units for sale , they are take offs from the Mercury class one racing motors ( 800 HP )... Both are complete with electronic's and fuel pumps. Will make someone a great deal on them.... Email me at : [email protected]
Mark H.