Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How loud?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37787-how-loud.html)

HyperBaja 11-27-2002 06:52 PM

What lake?

THRILLSEEKER 11-27-2002 07:03 PM

HB, just buy a 16 classic and pizz on that baja. You would look good in a classic:D

WETTE VETTE 11-27-2002 07:10 PM

Inconel valves are not always necessary on naturally aspirated marine engines. I have been running high compression big and small blocks using Manley Severe Duty Stainless valves for years and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact the Stainless valves actually flow a little better than the inconel valves. Blower and Turbo motors are another story. Especially very high HP versions of these definately require inconel. Again, only my opinion.:cool:

HyperBaja 11-27-2002 07:14 PM

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
HB, just buy a 16 classic and pizz on that baja. You would look good in a classic:D
If I got a nickel everytime someone said that, I would have a Scorpion 18...

HyperBaja 11-27-2002 07:25 PM

Originally posted by WETTE VETTE
Inconel valves are not always necessary on naturally aspirated marine engines. I have been running high compression big and small blocks using Manley Severe Duty Stainless valves for years and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact the Stainless valves actually flow a little better than the inconel valves. Blower and Turbo motors are another story. Especially very high HP versions of these definately require inconel. Again, only my opinion.:cool:
Better yet, Are new valves even Necessary??

AND-- Exhaust valves?? I thought when the piston went down, it exposed the exhaust port? Guess 2 strokes are farther away than I though....

mcollinstn 11-27-2002 10:35 PM

Manley "severe duty" valves are stainless.
Manley "extreme duty" valves are inconel.

2-strokes don't have any valves near the piston. Some have rotary or reed valves upstream near the carb, but nothing in the cylinder except ports for intake and exhaust.

4-strokes have intake and exhaust valves.

As far as exhaust below waterline, my old Correct Craft sounded cool like that...

Ted G 11-28-2002 07:43 AM

HB- go here: 4 strokes

to learn about 4 strokes.

ASD-6 11-28-2002 08:46 AM

Hyper,
I'm sure that ZZ4 would work fine. However, make sure it has stainless or marine head gaskets if you're running raw water cooling! Also need to think about a marine distributor, alternator and starter. Automotive stuff won't do here.

HyperBaja 11-28-2002 09:17 AM

Originally posted by ASD-6
Hyper,
I'm sure that ZZ4 would work fine. However, make sure it has stainless or marine head gaskets if you're running raw water cooling! Also need to think about a marine distributor, alternator and starter. Automotive stuff won't do here.

Can you post up a link of where to find those parts?

Anyone know where to find cheap headers?

blue thunder 11-28-2002 09:27 AM

Thanks Wette Vette and Mcollistn.

BT :cool: