Helicopter vs powerboat to Catalina island!  Turbine powered Super Fountain >

Helicopter vs powerboat to Catalina island! Turbine powered Super Fountain

Notices

Helicopter vs powerboat to Catalina island! Turbine powered Super Fountain

Old 01-01-2023, 08:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Helicopter vs powerboat to Catalina island! Turbine powered Super Fountain

Synced together the helicopter cam and the forward cam from the Copelands/Raymarine Super Fountain. Wasn't the biggest water of the day but got some good air time near the end of the video. I wish the helicopter would have been with us on the north side of the island. Smash that like button and be sure to subscribe if you enjoyed the video

https://youtu.be/9KrMKZhhugY

Last edited by Viperfitness1; 01-01-2023 at 08:11 PM.
The following 12 users liked this post by Viperfitness1:
28 V (01-02-2023), Bobthebuilder (01-04-2023), Gimme Fuel (01-06-2023), Griff (01-03-2023), H20W8STER (01-01-2023), OLDRAT (01-03-2023), RSCHAP1 (01-05-2023), Stuckonstupid (01-02-2023), the deep (01-04-2023), thisistank (01-02-2023), Tiki Joe (01-03-2023), ttuton (01-01-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 227 Likes on 106 Posts

Cool, thanks for sharing!
The following users liked this post:
Viperfitness1 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Bad azz! Love your videos. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures.
Viperfitness1 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Fun watch. The on board camera can't do justice to the actual experience of running off shore. The helo shots show better how much the boat is coming out of the water. Still though, as many of you know, there is no video (or words) that can adequately depict what it is like to run high speed in big water. It's really a bit of sensory overload. The sound of roaring engines, the wind, the visuals pf bright blue water and sun and the motion of the ocean propelling the boat completely out of the water. These are sensations that can not be duplicated in any other activity.

I got hooked 20 years ago now. Was lucky to have lived in SoCal and ran in the Pacific for many years. I retired over 5 years ago and moved away and sold my boat thinking I was done having "been there, done that" and would move on to other activities. Well like the addiction that it is, I couldn't stay away and recently bought another boat. Really looking forward to getting back out in the big blue but that's going to be a few months away so this video is a nice reminder of what I'll be experiencing.

I will say though, I'm a bit saddened that the hey day of SoCal offshore and SCOPE days are over. Running up the coast or over to Catalina with 10 to 20 boats, having lunch with great friends and hammering back, the poker runs and even all the guys and chatter that used to be here on OSO are things I'll cherish forever. I know they are still a few holdouts (Tank and H2O Toie) that I'll get to run with and hope to have more join in. A lunch run to Catalina or maybe Chanel Island to SB lunch run.
The following 3 users liked this post by BajaFresh:
MadsFromDenmark (01-04-2023), thisistank (01-04-2023), Viperfitness1 (01-06-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Fun watch. The on board camera can't do justice to the actual experience of running off shore. The helo shots show better how much the boat is coming out of the water. Still though, as many of you know, there is no video (or words) that can adequately depict what it is like to run high speed in big water. It's really a bit of sensory overload. The sound of roaring engines, the wind, the visuals pf bright blue water and sun and the motion of the ocean propelling the boat completely out of the water. These are sensations that can not be duplicated in any other activity.

I got hooked 20 years ago now. Was lucky to have lived in SoCal and ran in the Pacific for many years. I retired over 5 years ago and moved away and sold my boat thinking I was done having "been there, done that" and would move on to other activities. Well like the addiction that it is, I couldn't stay away and recently bought another boat. Really looking forward to getting back out in the big blue but that's going to be a few months away so this video is a nice reminder of what I'll be experiencing.

I will say though, I'm a bit saddened that the hey day of SoCal offshore and SCOPE days are over. Running up the coast or over to Catalina with 10 to 20 boats, having lunch with great friends and hammering back, the poker runs and even all the guys and chatter that used to be here on OSO are things I'll cherish forever. I know they are still a few holdouts (Tank and H2O Toie) that I'll get to run with and hope to have more join in. A lunch run to Catalina or maybe Chanel Island to SB lunch run.

this summer we need to make that happen 100%. Quick Catalina fun run. I’d like to make the big run in sept as well. Just depends on my work schedule.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
this summer we need to make that happen 100%. Quick Catalina fun run. I’d like to make the big run in sept as well. Just depends on my work schedule.

Yes! Let's start planning now. When is good for you, May, June, July? I'm open but want avoid June gloom marine layer. How many others in the area are still boating? I haven't talked to Tom in years after he sold Hot For Teacher. I don't know if Chris Greyson still has his Fountain.
thisistank (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 10:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well said... We are planning to be in San Francisco in August for a race around Farallon Island and back to Huntington beach at the end of Sept for the race around Catalina. Come by the boat display on main street after the races so we can meet and I'll show you the all the cool new features we are testing with Raymarine and the turbine engines. You too Tank!!!!

Andy Copeland
thisistank (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
Well said... We are planning to be in San Francisco in August for a race around Farallon Island and back to Huntington beach at the end of Sept for the race around Catalina. Come by the boat display on main street after the races so we can meet and I'll show you the all the cool new features we are testing with Raymarine and the turbine engines. You too Tank!!!!

Andy Copeland
That would be very cool! Thank you Andy. How do I get more info on the SF race? I'd probably run out from Discovery Bay in the boat and watch the race from the water if possible.
thisistank (01-07-2023)
Old 01-07-2023, 09:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That would be very cool! Thank you Andy. How do I get more info on the SF race? I'd probably run out from Discovery Bay in the boat and watch the race from the water if possible.
https://www.oceancup.com

They will be updating the web site as some of the details are worked out but the "Deck" section has a lot of the current info

The water would probably give the best seats to watch, if we meet up prior I could send one of my hd cameras with you