If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    38 Cigarette flat-deck
    Holland MI
    The 6.5 exhaust manifolds and turbocharger bolt right on the 6.2 engines. You may need to deal with fuel injection line clearance issues as the lines are slightly different. People are doing this swap with success. Just keep in mind GM does not run the boost that Ford and Dodge/Cummins engines run. GM runs around 7 lbs. while the PSD and Cummins engines run 15 lbs.

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    The good news wally is that the truck is emissions exempt. Buy it and swap in a new cat diesel!

Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina
    My neighbor has a Chevy extended cab 4 x 4 dually with the 6.2. I think it is either a 94 of a 95 model, not sure. He bought it new.

He has 130,000 miles on it and loves it. His boat is only a 25 foot center console, but that truck has pulled it to the coast a couple of hundred times at least. He made a trip to Colorado, New Mexico and up to Wyoming year before last and would not be afraid to do it again.

I think he was just lucky and got a good one. They have had some problems for sure, but he is proof there are good ones as well.

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    Troutly, LOL!!!

I know several guys who HAD trucks with the 6.2 and will never own another. Just like everything esle truck/car/boat/etc.... related, there are some good ones no matter what the overall reputation is. My old Dodge (94) had 179,000 on it when I got rid of it, and I NEVER touched the tranny or the front end. I dont' know many who can say that. My 98 has been more trouble in 6 months than my 94 was in 7 years. Doing well now, but it cost me close to $1400 to get it there. In 7 years I never spent half that on my 94. I consider that one of the good ones, but there were a lOT of bad ones.

Wally, I'd pass. More bad ones that good ones make your odds of getting a good one low at best. Did that make sense???? LOL!!!
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12