Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   work sucks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/37884-work-sucks.html)

scarabrick 11-29-2002 10:52 AM

I'm at work right now. 6am -2pm and then i'm gone. The hotel is sold out and i'm just chillin till i run the noon show

RCM255 11-29-2002 10:59 AM

that sucks Tinkerboater
there is no such thing as loyatly anymore
when a person gets in your position a company just sees you
as an expense
its ashame but it seems thats how things have become

blue thunder 11-29-2002 11:20 AM

Tinker... if you are over 40, and if they decide they don't like your attitude about being on call and want to part ways, makes sure you get a big assed severance. Over 40 is a protected class and age discrimination kicks in. In fact, it may be just that. Maybe you make too much because of your company service.

I would be suprised if they don't back off when you stand your ground on the call in ****. Life is tooooo short for that crap after 20 years of company service. I'd rather be a walmart greeter. :D :D

God luck and don't let it wreck you holiday,

BT :cool:

ChrisK 11-29-2002 12:40 PM

While I'm only into my company for 5 years(heck im only 27).. I feel the same way as tinker. My attutude has only changed in the last year... ever since the company merged with another. Things just are not the same.... Everyone I work with kind of expects a pink slip at any time... <sigh>.. its sad too, cause I used to love working for this company. Oh well, at least i have my number :rolleyes:

BURNSMAZZ 11-29-2002 12:55 PM

Sure it sucks but if you don't work you'd be sitting on the dock with your finger in your ass!

cigarette1 11-29-2002 12:57 PM

Hell, I drove 40 minutes to find my office is closed. I guess I need to pay more attention to my job and less to my boating ..... NOT

:(

RCM255 11-29-2002 01:27 PM

Originally posted by BURNSMAZZ
Sure it sucks but if you don't work you'd be sitting on the dock with your finger in your ass!
that's still better than sitting in work with my finger in my ass:D

the point is that it sucks being in work today.
the day after a holiday
i had to cut my Thanksgiving shorter than i would've liked to
because i had to go home, sleep, and get up to come to work
and do nothing all day.

bermudaboy 11-29-2002 01:32 PM

I was originally going to post a smart ass reply, I guess that I don't realise the job situation in the states. If I can help anyone who is thinking of relocating to Bermuda let me know. I would be more than happy to help out. You can't apply for a job here unless you you are a resident or not on the island. If I can help let me know. We have lots of CPA, Engineer and Insurance jobs.

Andy

Bosco 11-29-2002 02:18 PM

We are hear building some of you the boat of your dreams!
I cant say I wanted to be here today, However at least I am playing with Hi-performance boats.
I could be home doing the honey do list!
Oh yeah, anybody need a demo ride? That will get me out of this office!!!:D

mopower 11-29-2002 04:02 PM

Nah, four day weekend:D . Why the hell ain't Thanksgiving in August:mad: