Notices

Rotator Cuff Surgery?

Old 11-30-2002, 11:03 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone, Thanks for the replies. I find it interesting that this operation has to be redone in certain instances. I have been doing the rehab deligently. I feel that something isn't right like something didn't take or let go.
I am a determined individual with a positive outlook in all situations. I am also a person who needs to be informed and educated. You have all helped me with your personal stories.
This is what this board is all about, whatever the topic.
Thank You!
Old 11-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Intolerant1

Im amazed at what a little time off my feet had done to my legs. Surgery can mess you up faster than I would have thought. I had back surgery, actually 3 of them since early September. I was off my feet so much that my ligaments/tendons/muscles have gotten extremely tight. I cant straighten out me legs and my toes have actually curled up. Its getting better slowly but its amazing how fast it goes bad. Im sure your shoulder will get better with time. The key seems to be pushing it to the edge of pain w/o going past. If its inflamation, ask your Doc to put you on Indomethacin (Indocin) for awhile. Its a very strong anti-imflamitory.

Old 11-30-2002, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

RLW,
Stay with the program, how you do your therapy has alot to do with making a full recovery. I had total reconstruction as well as "tightening" of the capsule (bankhart procedure) done in 1994. My shoulder was in pretty bad shape and would pop out quite often. It took me a full year to get back to 100 percent and i believe it was 5 to 6 months to be able to raise my arm completly over my head. I'm glad to say that i've had zero problems since.

Craig