Notices

REAL or FAKE??

Old 12-02-2002, 07:06 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris, sorry to hear that.

Donzi38zx,
We grow Scotch pine, White pine Blue Spruce and Norway Spruce. We also have some Fraiser Firs growing, but we bring more Fraisers in out of Michigan. We are a little too far South to grow the best Fraisers.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Payton,

My Grandfather started his tree business 35 years ago on 4 acres here on Long Island and there is nothing like a real tree! Dad just bought 60 acres in Upstate NY and we'll probably plant there as well pretty soon. We grow Douglas, Fraiser and Concolor Firs as wells as Colorodo Blue and Norway Spruce. We grow some Scotch and White Pines, but they make better landscape/screening trees than Christmas trees. The Concolor is starting to turn into a great seller as they have a citrus smell which people seem to like.

My Grandfather passed away 10 years ago and my father has been running the business ever since. He's expanded it to includ alot of landscape trees, but I enjoy helping out on the weekends...brings back some great memories. Here is our site:

Olsen's Trees

There's a map for you LI residents if you want to stop by and say hello!

Last edited by Sean; 12-02-2002 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:57 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Payton ~ Your farm is probably only 60-70 miles away from us!
We are all set this year -- But we'll certainly come your way next year!
That's north of Wheatfield, right?

Hope you have a great season!

BK
Old 12-02-2002, 01:33 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Payton's family farm is the best. People drive for hours to get there every year. I grew up in the same hometown, and my first job included pruning Xmas Trees for the next farm over, (didn't know Mark then). This is quality stock, and you can go out the olf fashioned way, and pick your own from the field if I am correct.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Tbonepmp
YOU BIG BABY... I BET YOU WALKED TO SCHOOL IN KNEE DEEP SNOW UP HILL IN -20 DEGREE TEMPS. WITH NO SHOES ON EITHER... DIDN'T YOU??? (*JK*)
HOW'S THE FAM.?
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS BRO!!!!
In a Blizard in dads pajamas right????
LOL
Old 12-02-2002, 02:57 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Default ChrisK

I live in an apt with a nice screened in patio at Post Lake, and all windows facing Mirror Lake and it's walking path about 100 feet from me. Although I am retired and single I just put up a 450 light matrix across the back of the patio for the adults and children in other apt to enjoy as they stroll by. Takesme 5 minutes to put up and take down. No muss-no fuss..Just an idea..
Take care...

Happy Holidays to all
marc
Old 12-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If mine was that simple as to just a small patio I would... but I have a 4 bedroom house to do!... haha... thats alot of area to cover. Its no big deal to me actually... I am never home, and when I am i'm sleeping... lol... Some day when I have a wife I'll do the whole lights thing... So far many of my neighbors make the power company very happy, so no need for me to jack up my bill any more than needed.
Old 12-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Registered

I live in a condo, and used to get a real tree, but I've been a bit lazier lately, have just ended up decorating a 6' fig tree that sits by my front window.

as for the other real or fake thing, go here: http://mcgary.home.infi.net/test/btest.xls

First time i took it, i got all right except for the last one.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:26 AM
Registered

Mcgary, 18. Not as good as you, but apparently still good. I have always been a breast man. Anyways, as I keeptelling my well endowed wife when she makes a comment about somebodies "fake" boobs, big and fake is better than small and real!
Old 01-06-2004, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fake, last time we had a real one my allergies went crazy and I came down with pnumonia(sp?)

Quick Reply: REAL or FAKE??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.