If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Boats:
    babylon,NY 11702-4116
    Watch that 45 arnnow on e bay,ends tonite could be a great deal all it needs is some sawsal work in the cabin good luck tripps

My Boats:
    2000 Cigarette Topgun
    Oh & PQ has the best customer service in the biz! And because your in the area all warranty work would be done at Powerquest.

My Boats:
    1989 41 Apache
    Grand Haven Mich.

36 Apache

The 36 with 600's would be a sweet set-up. Lots of freeboard ,great for the great lakes. I like ours and it's nice to have something that is a little different.

Dreamer....your first thought is your a $ should be concerned with getting the best value for your buck and get a boat that will be as trouble free as possible. You also want reliability after your purchase, so attempt to get a boat with
    low hours and maybe a fresh water boat that has not seen the always helps!!! I would be more concerned with these itmes rather than hitting 80....hitting 80 equals bigger engines, maybe bigger drives and expenses that you will encounter after your purchase. Figure out your after sale budget and that will let you determnine how big of a boat and how much power you can squeeze into your budget.

Make sure you have an extra 20K after your purchase to rebuild engine and or drives.....something usually happens especially to a 80 mile an hour boat.

My first priority is resale value on the boat and will you be able to sell the boat in two to three years without dropping your shorts????

Prrobably the biggest reason I bought a Cig.....they hold their value and there is always somebody waiting in line to buy a Cig.

Good luck....always a lot of fun buying a boat!!

DMan....and the D is for always stash away some extra Dollars!!

My Boats:
    02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
    Naples, Maine
    I`m a Cig lover, through and through You can`t go wrong with a nice Top Gun! and the resale is second to none.

There is a nice 1996 Top Gun on Boat trader online, with 600 Zul`s and a cover girl cabin.80+ mph. This boat is a Lipship Edition and was sold by Phil last spring. There are some nice pics of it at It is listed as SOLD and the name is Fanny Doctor the orig owner is a proctologist! hence the #2 on the bow I have personally seen this boat last winter, it is just like new. Lipship had it advertised last spring for 175,000 and the present owner has it listed at 124,000

again, you can`t go wrong with a Cigarette

boattraderonline, the boat is on the last page.

My Boats:
    36 Outlaw
    St. Louis/ LOTO
    I would definitely give Cigarette a serious look. I don't think that you will hit 80 with your budget, however. You must decide what is the most important characteristics and go from there. Good luck.

Definately a Cig, it may not be the fastest but after you are through beating the sh!t out of it on Erie it will still be in one piece and have a very high resale value.

I know where you can get your hands on a brand New 38 Scarab with 500's in it. The boat is a 2002 and brand new. It is alittle over your budget but might be a thought if you want to go new....
    I think you can get it for 160,000...

Registered User Shanghied Again's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Shanghied! 2004 Donzi 33 ZX
    Toms River NJ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast