If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just a point of clarification when your doing your shopping. Your friend is probably refering to the Jaguar X-Type which is an "AWD" or "All Wheel Drive" vehicle. many manufactures use "AWD" in various forms now. It is probably what you should be looking for and it is quite different than a "four wheel drive" vehicle.

Check out the BMW SUV. Power is there, and not a bad looking truck.

Charter Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    Citation 25, Sea Ray 300
    Longview, Wa 98632

X type Jaguar

I own 3 Jags and was thinking of buying a new X type, didn't
    know how I would like a small car though.
    First impression was it was smaller but very solid feel, not like
    others in that size.
    This is a rocket, point and pedel. It is not like my V12, but it sure
    is fun. I liked it alot and have since made my XJS ready for sale.
    You have to drive one

My Boats:
    1997/2010 Spectre Catamaran w/ twin 250XS Sports
    Monroe, LA
    Hey Jen!

I disagree with the comment on Porsche build quality. In 62,000 miles, the only malfunctions I've had were light bulbs and a sending unit on the gas guage. When you take into account the INCREDIBLE customer service, I will DEFINITELY be buying another one. I am sure every dealer's service department isn't as good as mine, but they tell me the regional rep is pretty strict on them.

That being said, I think I am the only Porsche Lover in the world that likes the looks of the Cayenne. I am not an SUV fan, but it has some interesting lines, and no one else has one yet. (My only question is who needs to go 150mph in an SUV!?!) If you wanna spend the dough, and you like the way it looks, don't worry about the small stuff -- get it.

BTW -- Another option might be the new Volvo SUV. Kinda neat looking, and no one has one of these yet, either.

Also, I'm still waiting on that AE-1. In the meantime, I bought a digital, and a friend gave me his AE-1. I don't like the quality of the prints with the digital, and the AE-1 died after less than HALF of a roll! (Just call me "Lucky". )
    Last edited by KaamaScarab30; 12-01-2002 at 08:07 PM.

My Boats:
    Donzi Criterion
    Jacksonville, FL
    I really dont think porsche should be building an suv. That's like mcdonalds making pizza (something they tried, and had enough sense to dismiss). Porsche should build sports cars. That's what they do, and have built a great reputation over the years doing it.

If you dont have a real reason to have an SUV, a car works best, especially in NJ where we usually dont get more than 1 bad snow storm each year, if that. Get a nice car, youll like it more.

Good luck with whatever you end up with.

(the porsche suv thing hits home, as i have an old porsche and hate to see the day when porsche would even THINK about making a truck)

BMW X5 passed me on the autobahn last week. I was doing 200kph (~125mph) in an Audi A8. He was just cruising along at about 130mph, like no big deal. Looked real nice!

The Porsche looks funny to me. I'd go BMW or Benz.

Originally posted by KaamaScarab30
    Hey Jen!

BTW -- Another option might be the new Volvo SUV. Kinda neat looking, and no one has one of these yet, either.

AHHH, I Looked at one today. VERY NICE......

Very nice.

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York
    the little lexus "truck" is biult on a camry chassis. Its drives ok, nothing spectacular kind of marshmallowey in that it feel kind of floaty. Also they one i drove had wierd smell everytime it sat still. I haev no idea what it was but at lights adn in stop and go traffick it had a burning smell. the dealer said they coudn't find anything. I wasn't to impressed especially for the $$$
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12