Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Legend Marine Group Delivers First 500R Outboard-Powered Nor-Tech Center Console >

Legend Marine Group Delivers First 500R Outboard-Powered Nor-Tech Center Console

Notices

Legend Marine Group Delivers First 500R Outboard-Powered Nor-Tech Center Console

Old 09-13-2023, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
The story was read 2,000-plus times in less than 24 hours so I'm guessing a few people found it of interest. But hey, you're the newsman.
2000 daily impressions is [very, very] low compared to the [very different] media businesses I have helped clients look at over the years, so it doesn't really tell me anything.

Where are you guys usually at? Is 2000 a lot?
Old 09-13-2023, 06:50 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by Markus
2000 daily impressions is [very, very] low compared to the [very different] media businesses I have helped clients look at over the years, so it doesn't really tell me anything.

Actual reads, not impressions. Impressions are the numbers of times a piece of content could have been viewed. Reads, per Google analytics, mean: 1. The visitor actually opened the story. 2. The visitor actually read the story. I'll be happy to walk you through our Google analytics if you're interested in advertising.

If you are/were in the media or marketing business, you should know this. And while 2,000 reads is by no means a big number relative to other product/market segments, it is s a solid number for a niche activity such as high-performance powerboating. Drill down to how many readers are interested in Nor-Tech center consoles and that number is meaningful, though clearly not to you.

Page views, though different than reads (they merely tell you where the visitor went next on your site) are typically three/four times reads, at least on our site.

Social media numbers can be quite gaudy and "impressive," but people "look" at social media portals. Reads do not really apply there. Speedonthewater.com is a content site.

Also, that was one story. We typically publish multiple stories each day. For example, three will go live today (it's called programming, but surely you know that) and the day is far from over.

Look, Markus, it is clear you don't enjoy our content, which you have called "cringe-worthy," and of course you have a right to your opinion—though just as clearly I don't share it.

Onward.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 09-13-2023 at 07:01 AM.
The following 11 users liked this post by Matt Trulio:
bulletbob (09-13-2023), Cain8768 (09-13-2023), Fountainman (09-13-2023), Gary C (09-14-2023), Indy (09-13-2023), kilo (09-13-2023), Plowtownmissile (09-13-2023), Stuckonstupid (09-13-2023), thegoodson (09-13-2023), thisistank (09-13-2023), WARPARTY36 (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Actual reads, not impressions. Impressions are the numbers of times a piece of content could have been viewed. Reads, per Google analytics, mean: 1. The visitor actually opened the story. 2. The visitor actually read the story. I'll be happy to walk you through our Google analytics if you're interested in advertising.

If you are/were in the media or marketing business, you should know this. And while 2,000 reads is by no means a big number relative to other product/market segments, it is s a solid number for a niche activity such as high-performance powerboating. Drill down to how many readers are interested in Nor-Tech center consoles and that number is meaningful, though clearly not to you.

Page views, though different than reads (they merely tell you where the visitor went next on your site) are typically three/four times reads, at least on our site.

Social media numbers can be quite gaudy and "impressive," but people "look" at social media portals. Reads do not really apply there. Speedonthewater.com is a content site.

Also, that was one story. We typically publish multiple stories each day. For example, three will go live today (it's called programming, but surely you know that) and the day is far from over.

Look, Markus, it is clear you don't enjoy our content, which you have called "cringe-worthy," and of course you have a right to your opinion—though just as clearly I don't share it.

Onward.
Murkus' remarks, coming from a guy that wears a flower pot for a hat,.................don't hold water. Pun intended. He has consistently been an Asswipe.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
What speeds have they hit with the quad 500's on that?
I have the same question, “how fast?”
Old 09-13-2023, 03:51 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

The people constantly complaining about SOTW's content act like they control what they write about. Want more stories about old restorations, big block wave crushers, etc? Great, go build one. Build one and I can almost guarantee Matt will write about it. He certainly does for us. Until the offshore market shifts back from OB to I/O boats (if...) we're going to read about them. It's that or nothing. Im not a fan of nothing.
The following 7 users liked this post by TeamSaris:
ccarloss (09-14-2023), Fountainman (09-14-2023), Gary C (09-14-2023), Interceptor (09-14-2023), JaayTeee (09-14-2023), Plowtownmissile (09-13-2023), Tiki Joe (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm surprised this is the first Nortech with 500s. It seems like some other builders have several boats out with 500s hanging on them already.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:53 AM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

No need to. Have people in the house with expertise in that.

If you are/were in the media or marketing business, you should know this.
I'm not in the media or marketing business. It is a very hard place to make money unless you are Google. Over the years, I have been working with people looking at acquiring some big media businesses, so I am reasonably familiar with impressions and reads and click-throughs, etc.

And while 2,000 reads is by no means a big number relative to other product/market segments, it is s a solid number for a niche activity such as high-performance powerboating. Drill down to how many readers are interested in Nor-Tech center consoles and that number is meaningful, though clearly not to you.
Hence my question about what is big and small for Speedonthewater.

Seems like a hard way to make a living if 2000 reads is typical assuming that the content ages pretty quickly.

Onward.
Some of it I enjoy. Some of it I don't. Some of it, as you know, I consider cringe-worthy. Often I feel tricked after clicking on a link here and reading the actual article. Then again, I think I found TrimSync through Speedonthewater, so your work clearly has benefits both for me and vendors.

Overall, I enjoy your posts here much more than your journalistic content, but I realize that you have to express yourself in a certain way to meet expectations.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:02 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,236 Posts

No need to. Have people in the house with expertise in that.

I'm not in the media or marketing business. It is a very hard place to make money unless you are Google. Over the years, I have been working with people looking at acquiring some big media businesses, so I am reasonably familiar with impressions and reads and click-throughs, etc.

Hence my question about what is big and small for Speedonthewater.

Seems like a hard way to make a living if 2000 reads is typical assuming that the content ages pretty quickly.

Some of it I enjoy. Some of it I don't. Some of it, as you know, I consider cringe-worthy. Often I feel tricked after clicking on a link here and reading the actual article. Then again, I think I found TrimSync through Speedonthewater, so your work clearly has benefits both for me and vendors.

Overall, I enjoy your posts here much more than your journalistic content, but I realize that you have to express yourself in a certain way to meet expectations.
Which is all any reasonable journalist can ask for.

Onward.
The following users liked this post:
Jupiter Sunsation (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Content and creators in our community are limited and we’re fortunate to have the awesome people we do, who are all top tier.

Journalistically sound article and awesome to see the debut at LC! Thanks for the article, Matt.
The following 5 users liked this post by Sunny32SSR:
bulletbob (09-17-2023), Indy (09-14-2023), Jupiter Sunsation (09-14-2023), Plowtownmissile (09-14-2023), VoodooRob (09-15-2023)