Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone thinking of selling their F650? >

Anyone thinking of selling their F650?

Notices

Anyone thinking of selling their F650?

Old 10-08-2023, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Anyone thinking of selling their F650?

May be looking for one if anyone is thinking of selling.

Top Answer

10-11-2023, 08:04 AM
302Sport
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Ref: Pic #13, nice rig, what's the story on the V tail Bonanza in the background?
My father started buying and rebuilding damaged airplanes back in the 80's, which has become our family business. This airplane had a gear up landing, he was in the middle of fixing it, but bigger/better projects were coming down the pipeline, so this kept getting pushed to the back burner and 30 something years later, that's where it sits lol! We don't do anything that small anymore. Here is a job we finished recently....
Old 10-09-2023, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
May be looking for one if anyone is thinking of selling.

Sounds like somebody is getting a new bigger boat............."Tiger got your tongue?"
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Sounds like somebody is getting a new bigger boat............."Tiger got your tongue?"
im keeping my options open. I was looking around at big haulers and I was discussing it with my wife and she’s like I’d rather have an F650 than an Escalade (which we were shopping) so I’m like DONE! Lol

so, no matter what we end up with boat wise, no issue hauling.
Old 10-09-2023, 01:23 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

There are a few groups on Facebook for buying/selling them which I can suggest. I know you are not on there, but I can invite Kelly to them if you want. They are also listed from time to time on Facebook Marketplace.

Be CERTAIN that you drive one before you commit. I too am looking at Medium Duty haulers. I've driven several F650s, and the only one I would consider is a SuperCrewzer which has a much more comfortable suspension setup as they were specifically designed as high-end RV haulers.

ALL the big axle under frame F650s ride like brick trucks. A good friend of mine has one that I've driven several times, and going in/out of my former neighborhood, there was an odd pavement to banked road transition at a stop light that I had to make. You can literally feel the truck teeter over when you make that turn at an angle.

Kelderman Air Suspension helps a lot. But that's BIG dollar.

I have my eye on a Kodiak 7500 with the 7.8L Isuzu/Duramax I-6 engine, IF I make the jump from my Ram 3500 Cummins.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
There are a few groups on Facebook for buying/selling them which I can suggest. I know you are not on there, but I can invite Kelly to them if you want. They are also listed from time to time on Facebook Marketplace.

Be CERTAIN that you drive one before you commit. I too am looking at Medium Duty haulers. I've driven several F650s, and the only one I would consider is a SuperCrewzer which has a much more comfortable suspension setup as they were specifically designed as high-end RV haulers.

ALL the big axle under frame F650s ride like brick trucks. A good friend of mine has one that I've driven several times, and going in/out of my former neighborhood, there was an odd pavement to banked road transition at a stop light that I had to make. You can literally feel the truck teeter over when you make that turn at an angle.

Kelderman Air Suspension helps a lot. But that's BIG dollar.

I have my eye on a Kodiak 7500 with the 7.8L Isuzu/Duramax I-6 engine, IF I make the jump from my Ram 3500 Cummins.
I do have my eye on a couple that have full air ride. I have heard all the down sides to them. It’s funny, like anything else opinions very drastically but it does seem like those people I’ve talked to that have actually owned one enjoyed them.

I got a link sent to me of a 5500 Kodiak 4WD in Chicago. Sweet truck. If you don’t haven’t seen it I can send you the link.
Nykamp (10-10-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Go for something with bigger power. The 650 had a 6.7 cummins and didnt like the mountains. It wasnt terrible tugging my top gun, but the big cc definitely let you know its back there. 650 drove more like a pickup truck than the sportchassis. The 650 had air rear bags. The sportchassis has air rear, and an air ride cab. Leans when you get into the turns and curves.

thisistank (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 598 Likes on 243 Posts

Shouldn't be that much money to install a full air ride package under any chassis .
thisistank (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

We enjoyed our F650 super truck full air ride. There is a drastic difference on build quality from 1 medium duty to another so look for one that's more high end of a build. Too much to list but you would be surprised how many are just under built and poorly maintained.

None of these used medium duty are much better then a new 1 Ton. Partially because comparing new to used. And Partially cause most medium duty trucks new were designed to be inexpensive for company drivers. So it takes quite a bit to make them good.
thisistank (10-09-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 05:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

Yep, empty it rides like a brick. Loaded it is not so bad. they are built to pull a house. Mine has a C-7. around 80k miles.
Gets attention wherever it goes. Just don't pull up to PBC and turn on all your lights when Mark is fixing to do his Cig fireworks show.
Some people have No sense of humor. and i didn't even hit my train horn or PoPo siren.
I would entertain an offer to sell.
The following 5 users liked this post by Quinlan:
dykstra (10-10-2023), ICDEDPPL (03-24-2024), J-Bonz (10-10-2023), OLDRAT (10-12-2023), thisistank (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 408 Likes on 242 Posts

^^^^^ Post #9 middle silver Cig. Drives look a little too close to the pavement from my view.. That could get pricey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.